IGNORED

AtGames 2019 speculation thread

On 9/3/2019 at 12:47 AM, Mallard Games said:

Should I just go for last years model then since I can just add in any exclusive games via the SD card?

At this point it's close enough to release where I recommend you wait. You may or may not prefer the aesthetics on the new model of the Portable.

Just got a flashback blast vol 3 and I am disappointed in the responsiveness of the paddles.  Has anyone had this issue and is there a fix?  I sit about 15 feet from the TV in my recliner.  Is this too far away?  Any help is appreciated!

42 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Just got a flashback blast vol 3 and I am disappointed in the responsiveness of the paddles.  Has anyone had this issue and is there a fix?  I sit about 15 feet from the TV in my recliner.  Is this too far away?  Any help is appreciated!

The blast paddle unit was the one I was interested in getting. Some seem to love it and Some seem to have problems. I believe there are settings on some tv's that allow for a game mode that might help with lag.

1 hour ago, AtariLeaf said:

The blast paddle unit was the one I was interested in getting. Some seem to love it and Some seem to have problems. I believe there are settings on some tv's that allow for a game mode that might help with lag.

Thanks for the game mode suggestion.  After some various menu and sub menu searches I found it and it greatly improved the playability!  Works great now!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atariboy said:

I haven't noticed lag, but what did bother me was that the paddle almost felt too sturdy. I didn't like the force needed to rotate the paddle and would've liked a bit looser of a feel.

If you can disassemble it then try some switch cleaner / lubricant.  Sometimes the grease used in potentiometers is quite viscous, and the action can be made much easier by displacing it with this.  (It should come in a spray can, and you spray it around the top of the pot where the spindle exits then rotate it back and forth to have it wick in.  Let it sit for a while before reassembly — there should be instructions on the can.)

Do this at at your own risk, obviously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmadgames said:

It also says it has an SD--didn't Bill confirm that was gone?

No SD card slot is confirmed. 

There may be a way to use a USB splitter and plug in a USB stick, but I have no confirmation of that working at this point (hopefully soon one way or the other).

Not to double-up on the arcade machine info posted in the other thread, but this is probably relevant to here...

AtGames is at the Sam's Club event today (it comes out the end of the month). Here's some info that was released for those who don't follow on social media or the fan club pages:

EF5OzpPWoAA3800?format=jpg&name=medium

EF5RleRWsAEuqTO?format=jpg&name=medium

EF5RlzcXUAYLs5o?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

@Bill Loguidice how tall is it, compared to a full size cabinet, or the 1Up peewees? About three-quarters?

Full-size, so 66" tall. No need for a riser or short stool, and it's comfortable for two adults to play side-by-side in an animated manner. Call me biased (because I am), but $100 off the list price and two extras (a new Arcade Blast! and three months of a game subscription) is a pretty darned good deal.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...