IGNORED

AtGames 2019 speculation thread

How about a game list for the Atari Flashback Portable 2019?

Also, will there be an Atari Flashback X that includes composite video output rather than HDMI specifically for certain retailers like Family Dollar and Menard's in 2018? 

Edited by TrekkiELO

15 minutes ago, TrekkiELO said:

How about a game list for the Atari Flashback Portable 2019?

Also, will there be an Atari Flashback X that includes composite video output rather than HDMI specifically for certain retailers like Family Dollar and Menard's in 2018? 

I'm working to get all the game lists for the whole range of non-arcade machine products out as soon as possible. 

I'm not aware of any composite versions this year, but then I wasn't aware of them last year until some made it out, so I can't say definitively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The full website for the arcade machine is now up: https://arcades.atgames.net/

More features/info will continue to be added to the website.

Sam's Club locations already have floor demo units and inventory, but it's not at every location just yet. Walmart.com should have inventory in the beginning of November.

Some photos are being posted on social media:

75074538_2970958686251738_16802929969201

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 3.0.8 firmware is out for the Legends Ultimate.

For the Legends Ultimate arcade machine, here's the link to the firmware notes:  https://www.atgames.net/arcades/release-notes/

You can download the local streaming Windows application here: https://www.atgames.net/arcadenet/byog

Finally, there's an update for the 2019 Legends Flashback console that improves the UI and also makes APL work better (the direct connection to the arcade cabinet): https://firmwareupdate.atgames.net/registration

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, gsmith601 said:

Is there a way to find out what national retailers are carrying the flashback and portable this year?  Have not seen them at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond yet and both have carried them in the past.

Sam's Club has Atari Flashback X Deluxe's available now, Dollar General will have portables on Black Friday!

Yeah, I'd called my local Walgreens, they told me everything was out on the floor for Christmas already and no AtGames products in sight, their manager knew what those were, she bought an Atari one last year. Maybe it has something to do with that lawsuit?! idk

Edited by TrekkiELO
  • Thanks 1

2019 new items (Blast!, Consoles, Portable)

• Family Dollar (Star FB Blast!, Bandai Namco Arcade Blast!, Atar FB X Console) 
  • Dollar General (Atari Portable Player) 
  • Bed Bath & Beyond (Canada) (Atari X + Legends Console) 
  • Kroger / Fred Meyer(Bandai Namco Arcade Blast!, Space FB Blast!, Adventure FB Blast!, Atari FB Vol. 3). 
  • Albertsons (Bandai Namco Arcade Blast!, Atari FB X Console, Atari FB Vol. 1) 
  • Walmart (Legends Console) 
  • Sam's Club: (Atari X + Legends Console) 
  • Colony Brands/ 7th Avenue - (Atari Portable, Atari X Console, Legends Console)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

2019 new items (Blast!, Consoles, Portable)

• Family Dollar (Star FB Blast!, Bandai Namco Arcade Blast!, Atar FB X Console) 
  • Dollar General (Atari Portable Player) 
  • Bed Bath & Beyond (Canada) (Atari X + Legends Console) 
  • Kroger / Fred Meyer(Bandai Namco Arcade Blast!, Space FB Blast!, Adventure FB Blast!, Atari FB Vol. 3). 
  • Albertsons (Bandai Namco Arcade Blast!, Atari FB X Console, Atari FB Vol. 1) 
  • Walmart (Legends Console) 
  • Sam's Club: (Atari X + Legends Console) 
  • Colony Brands/ 7th Avenue - (Atari Portable, Atari X Console, Legends Console)

I assume the discount-store distribution is deliberate, that must be related to good sales in the past. Will Amazon have anything? I don't have any of those stores close by. 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:25 PM, envytomdead2 said:

Have there been any reviews on this years legends console. Also how easy is it to add roms?

Judging by AtariAge posts, there are two versions. One doesn't seem to be working with the SD card and the other is working out of the box with the person's SD card from last year's Legends Flashback.

Other than that, there's been no information that I've seen. No explanation from AtGames on why one allows games to be added and the other seemingly doesn't, no word on if SNES and Colecovision roms can be added, and no information on if all the stuff that rmr_md accomplished to enhance the 2018 system also applies to here.

Hopefully as we close in on Christmas and these become more available, we'll start hearing some details. Until then, you're probably best off sticking with the 2018 version.

• Like 2

This is the most comprehensive video I've seen. Not my video although his name is similar to mine.

If I do a Google Shopping search, the non-deluxe version shows up as available at a Walmart store about 1/2 hour away for $44.88. Not available for shipping.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...