IGNORED

Sony Playstation Classic + Retroarch ?

israelg

Cool.. The guy mentioned that the first priority was to have an uninstall capability so maybe they got that in on time. Thinking on it I don't think it is toooo big of a deal. Just some minor disagreement between involved parties. But I thought I would just mention it.

Back to Super Mario 64... :P

Edited by Shannon
  • Like 1

I bet it was more interesting then the super bowl game! But then you're a Pats fan so that was probably not the case. :P

I'm old school. I love a good defensive game and that was definitely it. 40 years Pats fan and proud of it. :)

I also went 50/50 against Yoshimitsu in Tekken 2 last night. King still rules! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I still have 80-ish games I ripped myself. My PSOne with the little LCD attached still works great. My 1st Gen PlayStation not so much.

The rest I got where everyone else gets them.

Anything I find that has multiple BIN files I just use a consolidator program called CDMage and it's all good.

Where is everyone else getting them? I never find the right format and I've tried a dozen places.

EDIT: Tried another and this one is an img file. :?

Well I still have 80-ish games I ripped myself. My PSOne with the little LCD attached still works great. My 1st Gen PlayStation not so much.

The rest I got where everyone else gets them.

Anything I find that has multiple BIN files I just use a consolidator program called CDMage and it's all good.

Edited by bretthorror

Where is everyone else getting them? I never find the right format and I've tried a dozen places.

EDIT: Tried another and this one is an img file. :?

I don't think we're technically allowed to post up links to exact places or directly talk about it.

I'll just suggest that you find the organization that likes to archive things.

• Like 2

Bleemsync 1.01 out..

https://modmyclassic.com/2019/02/22/bleemsync-1-0-1-is-officially-released/

BleemSync v1.0.1 Release Notes

Payload Changes

• Fixed broken RA font on copy over from console
  • Migrate now migrates over cores and BIOS files correctly
  • Added credits and license information
  • Added uppercase support for alternative format games
  • Fixed network RetroArch buildbot issues.
  • Fixed Japan console RA stock game list in RA GUI
  • Fixed Japanese stock eMMC games to prevent crashing when loading BleemSycnc 1.0
  • Optimised on console SQLite3 code
  • Fixed the chance of RetroArch overwriting good configs with bad ones.
  • Fixed old RetroArch folder not moving to remove after migration
  • If no RetroArch core options config exists then create. (Stops overwriting existing global core configs)
  • Changed config logic so if no configs used for BS or RA then create them on load with defaults
  • ADDED UPDATE_CONFIG, UPDATE_RA_CONFIG and UPDATE_BOOT to supported flags (use to force update cfg with defaults)
  • Added xpad driver support. Loads more controller support added, including Xbox 1, Xbox 360 and steam controller support. Mostly complete list available here: list
  • Added SDL mapping support for the boot menu, (List of mapped controllers)
  • Added physical console button support for the boot menu (`reset` toggles options. `open` selects that option)
  • Changed memory configuration to prevent crashes from occurring when memory limit is nearing. We now over commit memory so a lot of issues should now be prevented.
  • Created extra fast swap ram totaling to 512mb more memory split across 4 cores into 128mb banks to increase compatibility, stability and slight performance (in some small cases)
  • Added new BleemSync build of RetroArch 1.7.6
  • UPX’d RetroArch 1.7.6
  • Optimised monochrome XMB theme assets for Ozone
  • Compressed all RetroArch bundled assets
  • Added brand new Ozone theme as default (doesn’t override existing setups)
  • Added compressed Ozone theme assets
  • Prepped some code for OverClocking and network support within RA
  • Optimised GDB and SQLite3
  • Improved initial RetroArch directory structure
  • Optimised RetroArch as a whole down from 18.2mb to 8.23mb (~50% reduction)
  • Optimised whole payload and reduced size

UI Changes

• Fix database entry generation when .cue file extension is not all lowercase.
  • Fixed issue where .cue files were being created for .pbp files. No longer necessary with intercept updates.
  • Fixed issue with .cue files with capital filenames being added to the system improperly
  • Added full rebuild of PSC’s regional.db button to BleemSync UI

Also there is an "optimized" version of Re-icast and the Mupen64 emulator. I'm not sure why they don't focus on fixing the blank screen issues. It is something that would benefit ALL Retroarch cores. It is also especially important since unlike the SNESC or NESC the original interface does not support launching retroarch games yet. I spent some time today playing Crazy Taxi and Gauntlet Legends on the Re-Icast core. They get some speed boost by lowering the internal resolution which kind of muffs up the text. I personally prefer better text in games like Gauntlet Legends, the speed loss for me was negligible. It was kind of fun playing Crazy Taxi.. it's been years since I've played the game.

Later!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd mention some random stuff... some of this currently does not apply to the PSC.. but may potentially apply to it in the future. From what I can see KMDFManic who is a big presence in the SNESC/NESC scene is dipping his toes into the PSC world.

A version of XASH3D was release for the SNESC/NESC and boy oh boy is it pretty nice. Hopefully this sucker will eventually make it's way to the PSC.

Also the DS DraStic core has been ported to the SNESC/NESC. What is interesting about this is it is a non-free DS emulator that is currently sold for use on smartphones. It is also considered to be the best DS emulator performance wise. Apparently the author was willing to allow it to be ported over to the SNESC/NESC as well as the PSC. So don't be surprised to see it makes it's way to the PSC.

PSP emulator is now available for the PSC. I've only tried a few titles. Some titles seem to run full speed. Others not so. I've only tried 3 games. I will try more in the future but I was too busy tinkering with the aforementioned stuff as well as getting in some rounds of Ape Escape and Banjo Kazooie among other things.

The SDL mapping for the boot menu just recently added works rather nice. So now I can just leave my PS3 controller plugged in instead of constantly having to switch it. I just have to press the nice little PS button on it before the PSC recognizes it.

I switched my USB stick to exFat to see if it decreased the chances of files going bad. I've noticed that even when I shut down properly ( under Fat32 ) when I'd connect to my PC it would say the USB stick needed fixing. So far I've had no issues. Still have my fingers crossed on that one.

• 1 month later...

I just finished a 2nd PS Classic mod for my son. Seem to remember having a lot more problems the first time I did it but then 1.0.1 is a lot more user friendly IMO. He didn't care about the RetroArch side of things so I loaded up a 128GB stick with PlayStation games and instructions on how to add more. It turned into a BIG hit in his house.

Am I missing something obvious in the current literature? Is OTG support RELEASED or IN DEV right now? I ordered 2 adapters for my PS Classic just not sure if I can use them right away or if I should throw them in a drawer for now.

If you have a powered USB hub you can use that so you can do two player games. But the OTG support was never implemented. I've even heard rumours that the news was fake but then I also heard they ran into technical issues when enabling OTG support so who knows. Unfortunately there has been a bunch of Drama over in the Bleemsync world recently. So it may be a while before any new stuff comes out.

However work on Autobleem has been progressing. So we will see where things go.

Thanks for that link about OTG. I thought I remembered people in the discord channel talking about a re-compiled kernel. I already have a powered USB hub so I think I'm going to stick with that one for a while until the scene matures some more.

Bleemsync

Advantages

Recognizes more controllers ( for example early releases and autobleem don't recognize my PS3 and PS4 controller properly ).

Alternate controllers can be used at the main menu selection screen.

NTFS and ExFat support.

FTP and Telnet support ( when at the main selection menu ). Handy but sometimes it is easier for me to plug the usb stick into my computer.

PSX game edition is web based. Uses internal PSC interface for accessing PSX games.

Provides an option to replace the internal PSC emulator with another more recently compiled and bug fixed build.

Includes retroarch emulators supplied by Team classic. ( They work but not as well rounded and tested as KMFD Manics builds ).

Disadvantages

Modifies the internal PSC memory ( if that bothers you ) in order to give FTP/Telnet and NTFS and ExFat support.

Currently on Hiatus.

Autobleem

Advantages

Hack is currently memory card only. No modification of the internal PSC memory.

Has built in interface for accessing the PS games, totally bypasses the PSC interface ( but you still have access to the internal PSC PSX crappy game selection).

Internal interface is used for adding your own games. So you just dump them on the memory stick and tell the UI to scan for them.

Comes with KMFDManic builds of Retroarch. These are typically custom modified to get the best performance out of specific mini systems.

They have better captures for memory and limiter errors so when those happen you are more likely to get kicked back to the main UI then you are with bleemsync ( which will either shutdown the PSC or blackscreen ). To be honest I just find it easier to exit retroarch after each game and reload. Also I wish they would just properly fix the improper memory management of retroarch instead of coming up with these hacks.

I think ( not 100% sure ) you can choose between using the internal PSC emulator or just the retroarch build for PSX games.

Currently still active and worked on by team members and community.

Disadvantages

Alternative controller support not as good as Bleemsynch. (Although I was able to copy the retroarch control configs from bleem sync ). But you still can't use the main interface with an unsupported controller.

No NTFS or ExFat support. ( Although those to filesystems will work if you first install bleemsync and then switch to Autobleem ). I also seem to have to "repair" my USB drive more often when running Autobleem then I did with bleemsync.

No FTP/Telnet support. ( Although some say if you installed bleemsync beforehand you can still have it. I've yet to confirm this. )

No alternative "bug fixed" build to replace the internal PSC emulator.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head. I hope this helps.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here know anything about memory cards? I got the bright idea to load my PS Classic to the brim with a 400 gb microsd card only to learn that USB readers won't accept that large of size (or so the seller told me). Does anyone know if this is true? I guess I'll throw it in my phone if it won't work. It's currently coming in the mail, so I can't really do any tests myself yet and am curious.