IGNORED

My Collection So Far!

Bamse

I started collecting for Intellivision again (from scratch) in June last year.

I picked up NFL football (not easy to find in the UK) and Sharp Shot sealed last week and with them, I completed a few subsets including; Action Network, Arcade Network, Space Network, Sports Network, Intellivoice and Parker Brothers.

It's a lot of fun and I play as well as collect. In fact, player first collector second :)

This is a great community and everyone is very helpful. I look forward to expanding my collection and continuing on enjoying this forum.

This is a picture of my collection so far. All CIB.

post-65033-0-51448700-1548172149_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Yeah, it can. Especially when the wife moans that they are displayed at all :-D

A few people mention that they looked packed too tightly. They are protected with collectors hard plactic covers though so they are safe :)

Thanks for the compliment. I get a lot of joy out of seeing them nicely on show

Nice to see another Brit on the forum (London here). The Intellivision never really got big here so we seem to be a very small group (Me & Decle) and adds a lot to the hobby with postal charges and customs duty if most of the stuff is in the US

All the brits are spectrum Z80 lovers and the like ...

Someone should market a "wife friendly" display case ..most of the time normal nick knacks the wife has and then with a click of the button the collection is revealed. Who really needs pics of the relatives anyway?

For collecting its not too bad compared to some other things you could collect .Make the wife watch 'American Pickers'..makes you look good !

Edited by Ron The Cat
  • Like 1

Hello mate, I'm based in London too.

Yeah, when ever anyone comes round and asks what the games are for, I get a bemused look back when I tell them they are Intellivision games :-D

It's not the easiest console to collect for no. It was no where near as popular here as in the States but I suppose, it makes it all the more special here :)

Sod the wife friendly display case, how about a Intellivision display friendly wife! :-D

• Like 2

Hello mate, I'm based in London too.

Yeah, when ever anyone comes round and asks what the games are for, I get a bemused look back when I tell them they are Intellivision games :-D

It's not the easiest console to collect for no. It was no where near as popular here as in the States but I suppose, it makes it all the more special here :)

Sod the wife friendly display case, how about a Intellivision display friendly wife! :-D

I'm sure if she is made to watch George Plimpton ads for intellivision enough she will be made friendly...… or have an aversion to American grey haired old badgers in sports jackets

The trick is to disguise your collection is taking over the house

Edited by Ron The Cat
  • Like 1

I'm sure if she is made to watch George Plimpton ads for intellivision enough she will be made friendly...… or have an aversion to American grey haired old badgers in sports jackets

:-D

She's just pissed that I haven't bought Mario Bros. for it. I've tried explaining but she thinks I'm just being awkward :-D

• Like 1

I have the opposite problem. My gf complains at the stacks of boxes against the wall in my basement. On shelves, they'd take up much less of a footprint and look much nicer.

She's only the girlfriend now though ... wait until she's the wife ;)

• Like 1

Nice welcome to the addiction

I also have to mention your for sure a player first .. I can tell by your HSC scores. Glad to have you in our community.

Cheers

That's very kind of you to say and just another example of what a great place this is to share in an addiction (hobby I mean :-) ) Edited by Bamse
  • Like 1

I'm impressed by the complete in box Super Cobra and Tutankham. Those are among the fifteen or so games that I don't own, and wonder if I ever will.... Also, I really like those Ikea shelves. I just use mine for DVDs and Blu-rays instead. [emoji39]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm impressed by the complete in box Super Cobra and Tutankham. Those are among the fifteen or so games that I don't own, and wonder if I ever will.... Also, I really like those Ikea shelves. I just use mine for DVDs and Blu-rays instead. [emoji39]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm happy I have them too. They are completely complete as well with the promotional leaflets etc.

Yeah, the shelves work well and I have other stuff like cd's and blurays on them too, I've just cropped those out of the picture.