Sign in to follow this  
lucifershalo

help: svideo modified console

Hello

years ago someone modified my Astrocade and installed a svideo output

th eother side of the cable is svideo too and is working on my small multistandard tv

I would like to use on my flat screen that has as input

composite, scart, hdmi,

I have a modified Intellivision that plugs inside the console a svideo and has rca on the other side, it doesnt work with the AStrocade

do you know what I could do to be able to, play the console on my flat screen?

thanks

I am not a big tech guy;)

[...] modified my Astrocade and installed a svideo output [...]

I would like to use on my flat screen that has as input composite, scart, hdmi,

do you know what I could do to be able to, play the console on my flat screen?

I live in the U.S., so I haven't done this before, but I would suggest an S-video to composite adapter, like this one:

https://www.startech.com/Cables/Audio-Video/Legacy/6in-S-Video-to-Composite-Video-Adapter-Cable~SVID2COMP

You can also get s-video to hdmi adapter quite cheaply too. Neither is an ideal fix, as your flatscreen will probably introduce some timing issues. That is, there will be a very-slight delay between when you press a joystick direction and when you get a response on the screen. For the price of one of these adapters (usually $10-$20), it's worth a try. Let us know how it goes.

Adam

If your TV has two SCART inputs, the second one might be configured or possible to reconfigure in menus to take S-Video instead of RGB. It would mean you need a passive S-Video to SCART adapter, but it will only work if the input is configured as such. TV's with only one SCART tend to only support RGB input, and since yours is so new it might only have one of those fairly legacy inputs.