IGNORED

Best batari Basic (bB) Homebrew: 2018 Atari Awards

Best batari Basic (bB) Homebrew: 2018 Atari Awards  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Best batari Basic (bB) Homebrew: 2018 Atari Awards

• Apollyon (bB) by Fehér János Zoltán aka MemberAtarian
    • Gizzle Wap and the Terrible Blizzard of Firn, The (bB) by Jeff Smith aka Mountain King
    • Horizon Shift (bB) by Paul Marrable of Flump Studios UK
    • Monkey King (bB) by Alex Pietrow aka Coolcrab
    • Plague (bB) by Fehér János Zoltán aka MemberAtarian
    • Sheep It Up! (bB) by Dr. Ludos
    • Space Game (bB) by Karl Garrison aka Karl G & Maggie Vogel
    • Stardust (bB) by Brian Wayne Shea aka metalbabble
    • Sword of Surtr (bB) by Jeff Stermer aka ultima
    • Tyre Trax (bB) by Lewis Hill aka Muddyfunster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2018 Atari Awards

Celebrating the best in Atari 2600 Homebrew

BEST BATARI BASIC (bB) HOMEBREW

Best batari Basic (bB) Homebrew:

Selection should be based on the quality of the release as a whole including programming, graphics, music & sound, packaging and gameplay. Any game completed during the year that was developed using the batari Basic (bB) programming environment. Games completed in a previous year are not eligible. Re-releases or updates to a previous version of the game are ineligible. Hacks and Demos are not eligible for this category and are only eligible in their specific category.

Voting:

Please select one of the choices for this category. The winner and runners up will be revealed LIVE during the 2018 Atari Awards Presentation Ceremony on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch channel on February 23rd, 2019 at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT!

Nominees:

Apollyon (bB) by Fehér János Zoltán aka MemberAtarian

Gizzle Wap and the Terrible Blizzard of Firn, The (bB) by Jeff Smith aka Mountain King

Horizon Shift (bB) by Paul Marrable of Flump Studios UK

Monkey King (bB) by Alex Pietrow aka Coolcrab

Plague (bB) by Fehér János Zoltán aka MemberAtarian

Sheep It Up! (bB) by Dr. Ludos

Space Game (bB) by Karl Garrison aka Karl G & Maggie Vogel

Stardust (bB) by Brian Wayne Shea aka metalbabble

Sword of Surtr (bB) by Jeff Stermer aka ultima

Tyre Trax (bB) by Lewis Hill aka Muddyfunster

Download (Binaries/Instructions/Packaging): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AG3wc7MKI7gPQis&id=EBF48A1964E7EEB5%21528&cid=EBF48A1964E7EEB5

post-37205-0-38130200-1548282926_thumb.jpg

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tough call between Sword of Surtr and Space Game. Two completely different genres. I have to go with Surtr though, because it looks like a cross between Adventure, Zelda, and a touch of FF1 (the boat that takes you to other lands). Tyre Trax is also a fun one with nice graphics.

• Like 1

THE POLLS ARE CLOSED!!!

Thank you so much to everyone in the AtariAge community for participating in the 2018 Atari Awards! The final voting totals have been recorded as of 12:00:00AM PT February 19, 2019.

See everyone this Saturday, February 23, 2019, at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT for the LIVE award presentations on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch channel!

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Note: Although it appears you are still able to vote, due to polling software in place, no more votes past the cutoff date will be counted.

I was pretty surprised just to be nominated for Tyre Trax, to come runner up and to run the awesome SpaceGame a close second was beyond my expectations!

You are not giving yourself enough credit, then. :) It's a fun game with beautiful great graphics, and lots of attention to detail. I'm looking forward to a cart release.

• Like 1

I agree with Karl, it's well deserved! It has amazing graphics, great controls and high replayability. Congratulations on the nomination and coming in second! :-) Looking forward to the patch challenge.

I was pretty surprised just to be nominated for Tyre Trax, to come runner up and to run the awesome SpaceGame a close second was beyond my expectations!