IGNORED

Best Packaging: 2018 Atari Awards

Best Packaging: 2018 Atari Awards  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Best Packaging: 2018 Atari Awards

• Alien Greed 5 by Chris Read aka atari2600land, packaging by Yandman
    • Astronomer (bB) by Alex Pietrow aka Coolcrab, packaging by Alex Pietrow
    • Balloon Trip by bluswimmer, packaging by Vladimir Zuñiga
    • Bouncer (Boing! hack) by Scott Dayton aka neotokeo2001 of NEO Games, packaging by Scott Dayton
    • Dungeon II: Solstice by David Weavil aka s0c7, packaging by Dave Dries
    • Ketchup Kaboom! (Kaboom! hack) by Scott Dayton aka neotokeo2001 of NEO Games, packaging by Corey Kramer
    • Mappy by John W. Champeau aka johnnywc of Champ Games, packaging by Nathan Strum
    • Plague (bB) by Fehér János Zoltán aka MemberAtarian, packaging by Fehér János Zoltán
    • Q*Bert Jump (Amoeba Jump hack) by Scott Dayton aka neotokeo2001 of NEO Games, packaging by Scott Dayton
    • Santa Bros. (Mario Bros. hack) by Scott Dayton aka neotokeo2001 of NEO Games, packaging by Joe Klander
    • Space Game (bB) by Karl Garrison aka Karl G & Maggie Vogel, packaging by Maggie Vogel
    • Tyre Trax (bB) by Lewis Hill aka Muddyfunster, packaging by Atariboy2600
    • Zombie Road Kill by Jason Santuci of Gemintronic, packaging by D. C. Stuelpner

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2018 Atari Awards

Celebrating the best in Atari 2600 Homebrew

BEST PACKAGING

Best Packaging:

Should be based on the quality of the packaging, manual, cartridge label and other associated promotional materials for a completed game during the year. Games completed in a previous year are not eligible. Re-releases or updates to a previous version of the game are ineligible. Demos are not eligible for this category and are only eligible in their specific category.

Voting:

Please select one of the choices for this category. The winner and runners up will be revealed LIVE during the 2018 Atari Awards Presentation Ceremony on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch channel on February 23rd, 2019 at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT!

Nominees:

Alien Greed 5 by Chris Read aka atari2600land, packaging by Yandman

Astronomer (bB) by Alex Pietrow aka Coolcrab, packaging by Alex Pietrow

Balloon Trip by bluswimmer, packaging by Vladimir Zuñiga

Bouncer (Boing! hack) by Scott Dayton aka neotokeo2001 of NEO Games, packaging by Scott Dayton

Dungeon II: Solstice by David Weavil aka s0c7, packaging by Dave Dries

Ketchup Kaboom! (Kaboom! hack) by Scott Dayton aka neotokeo2001 of NEO Games, packaging by Corey Kramer

Mappy by John W. Champeau aka johnnywc of Champ Games, packaging by Nathan Strum

Plague (bB) by Fehér János Zoltán aka MemberAtarian, packaging by Fehér János Zoltán

Q*Bert Jump (Amoeba Jump hack) by Scott Dayton aka neotokeo2001 of NEO Games, packaging by Scott Dayton

Santa Bros. (Mario Bros. hack) by Scott Dayton aka neotokeo2001 of NEO Games, packaging by Joe Klander

Space Game (bB) by Karl Garrison aka Karl G & Maggie Vogel, packaging by Maggie Vogel

Tyre Trax (bB) by Lewis Hill aka Muddyfunster, packaging by Atariboy2600

Zombie Road Kill by Jason Santuci of Gemintronic, packaging by D. C. Stuelpner

Download (Binaries/Instructions/Packaging): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AG3wc7MKI7gPQis&id=EBF48A1964E7EEB5%21528&cid=EBF48A1964E7EEB5

post-37205-0-89499200-1548283852_thumb.jpg

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 3

Full disclosure: I had nothing to do with the packaging. That was all Neo Games area (thank you D. C. Stuelpner!). Scott Dayton also did a ton of in-game graphics work too :)

I was in between a Walking Dead tribute racing game and Super Trash Truck for Saidai Games. Neotokeo2001 had a concept for another car game and since I was already in that mode.. well, Zombie Road Kill happened :)

• Like 1

I didn't even realize I was on this one! I'm glad that people like the packaging so much.

The design was by me, based on traditional Atari game boxes but the insert and goodies (magnet/flyer) were David's idea.

I got the box in this week and I very happy with it!

Anyway, tough competition. Good luck all!

• Like 4

I love the old school Atari-styled packaging, so for me it was a tough choice between Astronomer and Space Game, but I have to go with Space Game.

Thanks so much! I had way too much fun putting it together, and my friend's husband totally NAILED the artwork. Besides the cover art, we used his original pencil sketches throughout the manual, and they really add a lot of flair.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

THE POLLS ARE CLOSED!!!

Thank you so much to everyone in the AtariAge community for participating in the 2018 Atari Awards! The final voting totals have been recorded as of 12:00:00AM PT February 19, 2019.

See everyone this Saturday, February 23, 2019, at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT for the LIVE award presentations on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch channel!

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Note: Although it appears you are still able to vote, due to polling software in place, no more votes past the cutoff date will be counted.