IGNORED

3D Printed SIO Jack

Bill Lange

On 1/24/2019 at 3:03 AM, Curt Vendel said:

Bill,

I can scan and post the mechanical drawings of the SIO port if that would help.

Hi, Curt!

If you could scan and share them, it would be perfect for me. I will probably produce new SIO sockets from injection mold around November or December. I am currently looking for pins for it, the design itself is slowly scratching, I need to dimension it precisely.

• Like 2

somewhere on the threads was a description with dimensions and measurements... somewhere... might be an old Atari corp crumpled piece of paper or a napkin...

anyway measure by laser or otherwise of the different and best SIO variants would probably be best.

5 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

anyway measure by laser or otherwise of the different and best SIO variants would probably be best.

Yes, but there are minimal differences between the sockets at the manufacturers. Theoretically, they are negligible, but with the exact specification I am sure that it will be as Atari wanted.
I have the SIO specification, but the quality is tragic - page 12. Maybe Curt would have better quality materials?

siospecs.pdf

• Like 1

Yes, that's the info. and it was as if paper was crumpled. Maybe he can take a picture instead of a scan.

@Curt Vendel, can we get a picture of page 12 sio mechanical specs. We have a chance to make some new SIO ports but the quality is making it very difficult.

Edited by _The Doctor__

On 5/27/2020 at 4:04 AM, _The Doctor__ said:

Yes, that's the info. and it was as if paper was crumpled. Maybe he can take a picture instead of a scan.

@Curt Vendel, can we get a picture of page 12 sio mechanical specs. We have a chance to make some new SIO ports but the quality is making it very difficult.

Oh that scan is ANCIENT, let me throw that doc back on the scanner and make a new, clean version.   I'll do that Saturday and post up and post a link here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking like the concept is proven, nice job.

just gotta smooth them out so they don't dig the metal on insertion, well that and straighten them out, those are some jack o lantern pins there...

Edited by _The Doctor__

21 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Looking like the concept is proven, nice job.

just gotta smooth them out so they don't dig the metal on insertion, well that and straighten them out, those are some jack o lantern pins there...

yeah, it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. need to rethink the idea a bit