IGNORED

Tutorial on Action!

Hi,

I remember Action was cartridge only, and you needed the cartridge for the run-time routines, though I think at some time a disk based version might have been released. Is it worth writing up how to set up a new development environment sometime, e.g., get this disk image for the Action compiler, it works with this dos, etc., here's a hello world program, you compile and run it like this, etc., etc.?

Hi,

I remember Action was cartridge only, and you needed the cartridge for the run-time routines, though I think at some time a disk based version might have been released. Is it worth writing up how to set up a new development environment sometime, e.g., get this disk image for the Action compiler, it works with this dos, etc., here's a hello world program, you compile and run it like this, etc., etc.?

you can run Action! with the runtime package disk without the cartridge. I have the runtime disk included with the resources for Action! I posted.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/528/entry-15424-learning-action-part-2-resources/

• Like 1

now there is a project, fixing up all known action issues and cleaning up... new Action ROM would be nice among other things... ducks behind the shrubbery and runs out of sight and picks a hiding place...

It would be very nice! I bought Action (and some other OSS stuff) in the last 1/3 of the 80s. I never opened it. Somewhere or another I have a new in the box Action. Partying and girls dictated that I was not going to learn more about coding for a few decades :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...