IGNORED

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Opry99er

I've got an idea for a neat project. I recently picked up the Star Trek TNG Technical Manual at a thrift shop and have been thinking about a TI-99/4A Star Trek TNG package with a nice fat manual with some cool diagrams.

I wanted to start with something simple to get my creativity going and allow my thoughts to kind of wander, so I produced this. Please unzip and run on your TI-99/4A or in Classic99. This isn't anything special, but it's hopefully the Genesis of something really neat. These images were produced using Convert9918. Not sure what I want to do going forward, but I will definitely be doing some significant TI Artist work.

This is in XB. LOAD will auto-start the program.

post-24953-0-95605900-1548310305.png

DSK1.zip

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 16

Definitely do this!! I'm a huge fan of ST:TNG and the TI is the perfect platform for it (then again, it's the perfect platform for many things...) :-)

Will this be a game? Slide show?

I've wanted to make a ST game for a long time (among others). What would be awesome is a view of the bridge looking out the view window into space. Sort of like a simulation where you go on missions to different planets.

But there would be a lot of cut screens (using what you've done). Also, would be cool to show the LCARS display on command so that the player could program the Enterprise, etc.

Thanks for the interest!!

I don't know exactly where to go with it.... but there hasn't been any TNG stuff done on the TI in a very long time, and we have better tools now. :)

It will likely be a combination of bitmap slides, information, TI Artist pictures, etc. think Disk of Dinosaurs/Disk of the Old West with a bigger manual and more images.

We'll see how it progresses. For now-----Qapla'!!!!

• Like 2

As a teenager in the 90s, our MacIntosh had one screensaver (after moving away from After Dark in 1993). That screensaver was a TNG screensaver which cycled through several interesting programs. I found a video of it on YouTube.

This is a major influence for this current project.

• Like 1

I like the idea. Go for it. The images came out great.

Thanks Vorticon. :)

Tweaking images in Convert9918 is an artform unto its own.... there is a delicate dance between the Luma and Gamma settings, filter setting, and tweaking the RGB settings.... The Troi picture took me about 20 minutes to dial in like I wanted it.. sometimes, though, if you have really good color, contrast, and definition in an original, it takes no time at all. The LaForge picture only took a minute or two. :)

• Like 2