IGNORED

eBay refund denied, now what?

Asaki

I've already filed with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center.

That won't do a damn thing. They only act on big stuff. You need to call ebay and maybe you might have to call your local police and\or go to the police station to report it. If you want your money back you need to pick up the phone. If you don't get on the phone you clearly don't want your money back. Life isn't a point and click adventure on the computer.

• Like 1

You wasted more time partcipating in this thread than it would take to call ebay, even if you had to call them twice.

Just sayin' :)

Besides, it's quite possible that you wouldn't need anything else (especially involving the frickin' FBI)
but to simply explain the case again to a human operator. The clause says you will need new evidence which MAY (not must) include that other stuff, but possibly not at all since it seems clear cut and could've been mistakenly resolved by some automated bot.

• Like 4

That won't do a damn thing. They only act on big stuff. You need to call ebay and maybe you might have to call your local police and\or go to the police station to report it. If you want your money back you need to pick up the phone. If you don't get on the phone you clearly don't want your money back. Life isn't a point and click adventure on the computer.

Not to mention, a huge percentage of them are on furlough right now. They ain't doin' shit.

you don't call the police, they can't do anything about a package that was never received. Wow. The police have more important things to worry about. They come out on theft from your home or property. not packages never received.

if you have a valid address, as verified, on eBay then it would have been delivered there.

if you changed it, or something more sketchy went on (asking them to send elsewhere, etc.) then eBay would see the history, email, etc.. There would be some tracking somewhere that shows what was purchased and where it was to go.

Packages just don't got to random addresses without evidence, or if that was acceptable then sellers would do this all the time.

most ship using the auction set-up, meaning I have my shipping choices listed and that is what I use through eBay (paying by PayPal).

Why did they refuse your claim. This all sounds sketchy.

you said this seller has multiple feedback reports doing the same thing, but you still bought from them. Wouldn't there rating % be low.

Edited by Atari8bitCarts

Call ebay. When you explain the situation to them, they will ask for evidence, and provide you an email to send the relevant screenshots/documents. It may take a few days more and you might need to call them more than once, but if you have legitimate proof of delivery to the wrong address, and no resolution of that - they will have to refund you.

For someone who has been through this type of stuff before, I agree 100%... Get on the phone with ebay. calmly explain your issue, and have facts and proof ready to go. If you like shopping on ebay and using paypal, the last thing you want to do is dispute the charge on your Credit card unless it's the VERY LAST option. Paypal can give you a headache if you just dispute a charge with out notifying them.

You have limited time too so move quickly.

• Like 2

CALL EBAY. CALL EBAY. CALL EBAY.

The 'simple automated' system that prevents you from calling normally is the problem now. The computer checked to see if a thing was delievered. It doesn't check where. I just recently had an auction where the item got sent back to the seller- and was marked 'delivered' to ME by the system when he got it. You NEED to get a human being involved who can read the text and go "oh shit, that ain't your address!"

Please note the text you keep quoting says an appeal MAY include a police report. Not MUST include a police report. You have plenty for an appeal- namely, tracking that shows the item was not delivered to your address. You just need to make sure a human & not an algorithm looks at that.

Take a shot & suck it up. Get an official-sounding friend to call for you if you need to. BUT CALL. Call NOW before you run your 30 day appeal window out & you're really hosed!

• Like 1

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

https://youtu.be/Cn6kEsloMdE

• Like 3

Just adding my $0.02 to this.

You have to call them.

I had a similar scam happen to me but on Amazon. "Package" was sent to the wrong province; according to the other reviews (a couple people tracked the package, it was just some old newspapers in a box). In my case I had ordered a $400+ video card and never received (which sucked for me since I couldn't work on my set-up due to a dead video card). Obviously some scam. What they bank on is that some number of people will just not fight this and they pocket your money. Don't be that guy.

I called the Amazon customer service.

Just some pointers:

a) be polite; the customer service person will try to help you if you're not giving them hassle or making demands. Also helps when you call them by their name when you have a conversation. Write it down so that you don't forget it 5 mins into the call.

b) mention that other people are being scammed, so it's in eBay's best interest to deal with fraudulent transactions. Also chances are someone else has complained, so it may make it easier to convince them. Do not assume that eBay will do the right thing on their own.

c) ask what you can do to help in order for you get the refund; chances are they will ask for the emails/screenshots/etc

You will have to be patient. Took 4 weeks for me to get my refund. In my case I was ready to call Mastercard (no Paypal involved) if Amazon didn't address my complaint.

Remember, it's your money and you had to earn it. And someone is trying to scam you and you shouldn't be a victim.

Mind you, I spend all day doing difficult calls so I don't agonize about talking to human beings. I also understand that someone just don't want to make a phone call. Unfortunately you won't fix this by not calling. They can easily dismiss an electronic message, it's a bit harder for rep to dismiss another human being on the other line (typically).

Good luck.

Edited by AlwaysOnPlanetPatrol
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...