IGNORED

Debugger cartridge? Suggestions please

FarmerPotato

I need a monitor/debugger program that can fit in an 8k rom (maybe more.)

Any suggestions for source code to such a thing? I have TI's RSBUG source code for starters.

I need the usual things like M)odify memory, C)RU, E)xecute.

Ideally I would incorporate the Line-by-line-assembler too. Is there source for that out there?

I've been living out of Mini Memory Easy Bug, and 32k, and would like to cobble together a 8k debugger utility cartridge.

Any suggestions for source code to such a thing? I have TI's RSBUG source code for starters.
Ideally I would incorporate the Line-by-line-assembler too. Is there source for that out there?
I've been living out of Mini Memory Easy Bug, and 32k, and would like to cobble together a 8k debugger utility cartridge.

You do understand GROM single Cartridge has 40K vs just 8K in a ROM?

And you can ADD the 8K ROM to the GROM thus have 48K in the CARTRIDGE?

Remember I imbed Assembly in GROM and use it in RXB for SAMS support and CRU control and handing Interrupts from XB.

And all my Source code in RXB is free to use and read.

You do understand GROM single Cartridge has 40K vs just 8K in a ROM?

And you can ADD the 8K ROM to the GROM thus have 48K in the CARTRIDGE?

Remember I imbed Assembly in GROM and use it in RXB for SAMS support and CRU control and handing Interrupts from XB.

And all my Source code in RXB is free to use and read.

Sorry, I don't have a GRAM device. Not interested in GROM.

• Like 1

Somehow I plain forgot that the E/A disk includes the debugger source code. Duh.

I have RSBUG, which is an RS232 debugger, and was thinking of using that.

This one:

TITL '99/4A RS232 DEBUGGER V 2.4'
       IDT  'RSBUG2.4'
       DEF  RSBUG
*      AORG >F000
*(C)1983 Texas Instruments Inc.
* RS232 Debugger Version 2.4   (06/05/83) *
* enable one port and one baud rate
*CR9902 EQU  >1340        9902 address (port 1)
CR9902 EQU  >1380        9902  address (port 2)
*CR9902 EQU  >1540        9902 address (port 3)
*CR9902 EQU  >1580        9902 address (port 4)

How would this be different from MiniMemory?

A long time ago I disassembled the LBLA and modified it to run from the 32K memory. There is a tiny chance I might be able to find the source code for that.

• Like 2

Sounds like my http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#minimem_lbla_tibug_disassembler_cartridge might be what you're after?

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 3

Sounds Stewart has what you need.

I can cross compile a little Forth kernel that lives at $6000 with dump and ? to examine memory. ! can write to memory.

If you just needed the interpreter I can remove the branching and looping stuff to make room for the tools.

I have never made a cartridge but it's on my todo list. Let me know if that's useful.

Just for fun I disassembled the Line-By-Line assembler 3 years ago because I wanted something like this to run in the E/A environment. I have added comments and did the bugfixes as suggested by Stuart Conner. Maybe you can use this.

PS: Interesting technique how all opcodes are stored in some kind of compressed table.

Fred ;-)

Lbla.zip

Edited by F.G. Kaal
  • Like 1