IGNORED

News for the taco guys

PowerDubs

Since I am banned from that thread, here is some info for you. I cant post it in the Atari VCS forum on Reddit because that is moderated and ran by Atari.

I was wrong. I bet on the wrong horse. I really was hoping for several new projects from Atari to do well. Rose colored glasses, believed the good news and ignored the warnings. Im sure you guys will be happy to hear Ive paid dearly and lost a ton.

Just received 100% confirmation- token is dead, the team is no longer. All the work scrapped and not being used. Verifiable email- but I cant say who because of NDA and respect to keep this person out of trouble.

Put that together with the high level board members / execs leaving and you can see the slo mo crash coming. Ugh.

• Like 8

I'm not happy you paid dearly or lost a ton.

Predicting the stock market is insanely harder than it looks.

I thought it showed character,... admitting the situation. Most of us aren't mad at the people who had faith in "atari",...I'd say we're mad at "atari" themselves. Though when some, (not referring to you but some people in general) put on their blinders and go into rabid fanboy mode, we can't help but think of them as easy targets.

• Like 4

Neither am I happy that you lost your money, but it is expected to lose money on stocks if one acts in the way you did. Stock markets are hard to predict, especially with companies that flat out refuse to communicate anything and considering you wore the most rose tinted glasses too and refused to see the red flags. It didn't help.

I sure hope they eventually deliver something to the backers, as I don't want people to have thrown out their cash and lost it for nothing. On the other hand it's high time people learn to stop shuffling money to the first best snake-oil salesmen they come across.

As far as the company Atari/Infogrames concern I have no sympathy at all. They can bankrupt for all I care, I hope that their ip transfers to someone who actually cares about it.

• Like 4

Ok I haven't been following this super closely so what does this mean:

Just received 100% confirmation- token is dead, the team is no longer. All the work scrapped and not being used. Verifiable email- but I cant say who because of NDA and respect to keep this person out of trouble.

What is "token" and what does that have to do with the Atacobox? Is this some kind of confirmation that this thing is finally publicly dead?

• Like 2

Ok I haven't been following this super closely so what does this mean:

What is "token" and what does that have to do with the Atacobox? Is this some kind of confirmation that this thing is finally publicly dead?

https://thenextweb.com/cryptocurrency/2018/02/17/atari-has-decentralized-gaming-for-45-years-now-its-creating-altcoins/

Wait, did something happen recently with Atari? Looks like there was a huge spike in stock price beginning 2018 until May, then a slow burn. Maybe lots of press releases around en 2017? Or did a specific project tank recently?

The "huge spike" was the "Atari" stock briefly going from forty cents to eighty cents when they said they were jumping on the very trendy blockchain/cryptocurrency bandwagon. It was plainly bullshit then, and looks even sillier in hindsight as the desperate gimmick it always was.

By way of example, here's a different company with the same (terrible, short-sighted) idea:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/12/21/this-iced-tea-companys-name-change-sums-up-everything-about-the-bitcoin-craze-of-2017/

Or as "Atari" would say, "so much more than video games."

Dubs has been obnoxiously pumping this garbage stock for a long time for anyone who would listen. I hope nobody was foolish enough to take his awful advice. I guess I'm glad to see he's flipping, but that doesn't erase his bad behavior.

• Like 5

gallery_60562_2139_10513.png

They didn't lose much on the bitcoin nonsense because all they did was grant rights to another company to use the logo(s) for a percentage. They only lose more credibility and any potential for returns. I'm more interested in the rumblings of staff leaving. That's your best indicator of a sinking ship. As evidenced in the Fergal debacle, some/many of them probably have received stock options in lieu of salary that become available to unload at some point. When they start selling off the worthless stock, that will be a tell. There's still a pattern emerging....

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Since I am banned from that thread, here is some info for you. I cant post it in the Atari VCS forum on Reddit because that is moderated and ran by Atari.

I was wrong. I bet on the wrong horse. I really was hoping for several new projects from Atari to do well. Rose colored glasses, believed the good news and ignored the warnings. Im sure you guys will be happy to hear Ive paid dearly and lost a ton.

Put that together with the high level board members / execs leaving and you can see the slo mo crash coming. Ugh.

I'm not particularly happy to hear that your poor investment strategies have had a significant impact on your personal finances; that's not the schadenfreude I'm looking for.

What would be appreciated, however, is an actual apology for your actions both towards people here who disagreed with your investment choices, as well as to anyone else you may have caused to incur a financial loss through your investing advice.

What you wrote at the start of this thread is not an apology. It may be an admission that you made piss-poor investing decisions, but in no way does it accept responsibility for your actions as they affected other people. If anything, it stops just short of asking for outright pity for your predicament, which was one you brought entirely upon yourself.

• Like 2

+1 for admitting you were wrong.

• Like 1

Admission you were wrong is a positive step. Better than denial. I forget how many steps there are again? 5? 12? Depends on which self help pamplet I read. Release the cadaver dogs and start pulling survivers and/or bodies out of the train wreck? I digress... :skull:

I tossed $30 into that dumpster fire, though the sting is a lot less for me. I'm just a joystick junkie, didn't give two flips about the actual system, lol! Had I backed the console, I'd of felt royally screwed, and possibly a bit "dirty" for supporting those asshats and indulging their lucid fantasies.

I called in sick today with a fever, and just finished binging the 5th season of Bojack Horseman, so forgive me if I'm a bit more cynical than usual right now.

We can all sit back and review the folley. Take notes: Some ideas look good on paper but really aren't. Most truly great ideas require a visionary to see it through. Snake oil salesman sell hopes and dreams. Atari SA is all of those things and none of those things.

At our most vulnerable, we delude ourselves with half-truths and rush to seek out others with like-minded ideas. The 1969 moon landing was a stage play. 911 was an inside job. 1984 is happening right now with smartphones and social media. We are all just puppets and don't even know it. And yeah, this one's a fact: Atari VCS 2.0 outsold the Nintendo Switch in 2020.

I've been there; I have seen it. Don't believe me? There's a flux capacitor stuffed in the back of my Kia, even if it's just cardboard, leds, and surgical tubing... :ponder:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Sooo...

Ask around and lets see if we can come up with a reasonable list of questions to ask Fred at the 'beer/wine/cheese cocktail' to follow the event.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fred-chesnais-atari-from-pong-to-blockchain-tickets-57544978580?aff=eemailordconf&utm_campaign=order_confirm&utm_medium=email&ref=eemailordconf&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=viewevent

Reasonable being legitimate non-inflammatory, something he might actually answer. Even better if something he answers and stays for further discussion and a 2nd question..

I'd post this in the taco thread, but still banned.