IGNORED

News for the taco guys

PowerDubs

No need to 'quote for prosperity' as I have never lied nor tried to lie who I am or why I am here.  So I won't run and hide either.

I have always said I am an investor in Atari.  I am almost 46 years old- old enough to have played them when young, and when I came upon several news articles of them 2+ years ago- well, they seemed promising. 

This hope was only reinforced when not long after purchasing stock they climbed upon others like me and then shot up multiple x's value on news of proposed cryptocurrency (after, and not why I bought..)...

To be fair, and part of the frustration, at the couple dimes cost of entry per share it wouldn't take much on Atari's end to make a 'worth it' return on investment.

They still may obtain that despite their own incompetence.  People paying attention now 'get it' but 99.9% of the public who know the name *Atari* don't know (or care) about the shenanigans or man behind the curtain.

So the gamble still stands- if they build it, they will come..

I honestly don't know WTF they have going on in their head.  There was a ton of push in the public eye from last fall until last June (Nasdaq U.S. and Sweden), numerous public presentations, and then pretty much radio silence.

So ummm yea- even all the investor guys who follow every possible outlet, translated or not- are like huh?

They are either going to fail in spectacular manner, or knock it out of the park somehow.

Not going to lie- I think failure is most likely, I just can't see any justification as to how or why they ? 

If managed even half assed they could win.  There is enough brand recognition (which is massively valuable and most companies would die for)- even if they sell off, somebody else could still turn it around.

But yea- the clock is ticking in many regards- end of summer next week, dec shipment, spring shipment, heck- even the current retro trend will draw down in a few years- no different than Harley, or the Barret Jackson muscle car wave of money grab.  How many people still care about cars from the 40's?  50's?  Just like doo-wop, they are dying off very quickly.  Heck people old enough to like 70's rock are on their way into the ground at an increasing rate.

Unless they turn things around by the end of Dec, I will probably sell at a loss and move on.  I've had enough of Fred's kick the can down the road B.S.

• Like 2

If you really are 46, you should know that the current version of "Atari" has absolutely zero percent relationship to the Atari that mattered.  I mean, we are basically at the 5th cousin twice removed's inlaw's friend's roomate's sister at this point.  Apologies if the apostrophes are incorrect.

Also, for the love of all things holy, please give me one piece of evidence that these ass-clowns have 0.05% chance of producing anything, given that we have seen nothing but faked screenshots, lies, and renders for the past two years now.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

No need to 'quote for prosperity' as I have never lied nor tried to lie who I am or why I am here.  So I won't run and hide either.

Nobody's calling you a liar, or accusing you of trying to hide who you are or why you're here.  The insinuation is not appreciated, but definitely plays into the next part of my reply.

I have always said I am an investor in Atari.  I am almost 46 years old- old enough to have played them when young, and when I came upon several news articles of them 2+ years ago- well, they seemed promising. 

This hope was only reinforced when not long after purchasing stock they climbed upon others like me and then shot up multiple x's value on news of proposed cryptocurrency (after, and not why I bought..)...

To be fair, and part of the frustration, at the couple dimes cost of entry per share it wouldn't take much on Atari's end to make a 'worth it' return on investment.

They still may obtain that despite their own incompetence.  People paying attention now 'get it' but 99.9% of the public who know the name *Atari* don't know (or care) about the shenanigans or man behind the curtain.

So the gamble still stands- if they build it, they will come..

I honestly don't know WTF they have going on in their head.  There was a ton of push in the public eye from last fall until last June (Nasdaq U.S. and Sweden), numerous public presentations, and then pretty much radio silence.

So ummm yea- even all the investor guys who follow every possible outlet, translated or not- are like huh?

They are either going to fail in spectacular manner, or knock it out of the park somehow.

Not going to lie- I think failure is most likely, I just can't see any justification as to how or why they ? 

If managed even half assed they could win.  There is enough brand recognition (which is massively valuable and most companies would die for)- even if they sell off, somebody else could still turn it around.

But yea- the clock is ticking in many regards- end of summer next week, dec shipment, spring shipment, heck- even the current retro trend will draw down in a few years- no different than Harley, or the Barret Jackson muscle car wave of money grab.  How many people still care about cars from the 40's?  50's?  Just like doo-wop, they are dying off very quickly.  Heck people old enough to like 70's rock are on their way into the ground at an increasing rate.

Unless they turn things around by the end of Dec, I will probably sell at a loss and move on.  I've had enough of Fred's kick the can down the road B.S.

It'd be a lot easier to be sympathetic towards your losses if you hadn't behaved like a complete ass towards anyone who tried to explain that 'investing' in Atari SA was a bad idea.  Even if you had just said, "yeah, this clearly isn't a rock-solid investment, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway," I could at least give that a measure of respect because you'd be going in with your eyes open.  Instead, you decided to shill for both their products (speakerhat, lol) and their stock - and, in the case of the latter, I suspect that you knew it was a shit buy but still encouraged others to buy into it, possibly in hopes of driving up the value of your stock.

So, yeah, when you try to play the upright citizen card, expect bullshit to be called on that.  You've been manipulative, arrogant, and rude about this from the start.  If your posts are being quoted for posterity, it's as a hedge against your future actions and statements - and, based on your past behaviour, it's not a bad idea to do so.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

16 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If you really are 46, you should know that the current version of "Atari" has absolutely zero percent relationship to the Atari that mattered.

No- not everyone kept playing video games or following the companies once they past their late teens or early twenties.  Many moved on to jobs, families, houses, or in my case military.  I had no idea who modern Atari was.  Retrospectively that is what they hope for with many people to be sure.

13 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Nobody's calling you a liar, or accusing you of trying to hide who you are or why you're here.  The insinuation is not appreciated, but definitely plays into the next part of my reply.

12 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

It'd be a lot easier to be sympathetic towards your losses if you hadn't behaved like a complete ass towards anyone who tried to explain that 'investing' in Atari SA was a bad idea.  You've been manipulative, arrogant, and rude about this from the start.  If your posts are being quoted for posterity, it's as a hedge against your future actions and statements - and, based on your past behaviour, it's not a bad idea to do so.

B.S.- There have been several posts calling me a shill or saying I work for Atari, neither of which were ever true.

I also have never been "manipulative, arrogant, and rude"... far from it in fact. 

I never asked for, expect, or want anyone's sympathy- holy hell get over yourself.  I am playing with play money.  Big deal.  I made this post just saying as I did 9 months ago-  I was wrong. I bet on the wrong horse. I really was hoping for several new projects from Atari to do well. Rose colored glasses, believed the good news and ignored the warnings.

I'm still holding my stake, praying for the best.  Would I do it again? No. Could I still get lucky?  Maybe... Do I like the ass-clowns running the show?  Not on my life.

11 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

No- not everyone kept playing video games or following the companies once they past their late teens or early twenties.  Many moved on to jobs, families, houses, or in my case military.  I had no idea who modern Atari was.  Retrospectively that is what they hope for with many people to be sure.

No need to insinuate I am a basement dweller "gamer" either.  I also went on to a professional career, traveled, and am currently NASA security badged thank you.  It's not that hard to get information about the current company, especially on a site you know, dedicated to the 40 year history of it.

You also completely shit in the face of everyone trying to warn you so don't play like you had no idea or weren't warned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Crowdfunded projects fail all the time. Look no further than the GameBand, which seemed totally feasible, if not particularly interesting. AtariBox is more ambitious. If they hit a snag, they should say so, because hiding it is way worse. 

I don't agree that the brand is golden. If the brand were worth anything, Microsoft could buy them with change from their sofas. Atari, especially Pong (which is the stock symbol) is a punchline now. It might bring back some pleasant memories, but it's the go-to joke about obsolete technology, Flip phones and Atari, stuff your grandpa liked. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

B.S.- There have been several posts calling me a shill or saying I work for Atari, neither of which were ever true.

Your behaviour fell into the category of shilling.  Whether or not you understand that is a different matter, but the following also applies:

I also have never been "manipulative, arrogant, and rude"... far from it in fact. 

Yeah, I should also have added 'narcissistic and lacking self-awareness as a result' to that list.  It's exactly what you're displaying right now in defence of yourself.

I never asked for, expect, or want anyone's sympathy- holy hell get over yourself.  I am playing with play money.  Big deal.  I made this post just saying as I did 9 months ago-  I was wrong. I bet on the wrong horse. I really was hoping for several new projects from Atari to do well. Rose colored glasses, believed the good news and ignored the warnings.

I'm still holding my stake, praying for the best.  Would I do it again? No. Could I still get lucky?  Maybe... Do I like the ass-clowns running the show?  Not on my life.

None of which has anything to do with how you behaved towards anyone who didn't share your opinions of Atari SA's products or stock.

This is not the first forum I've seen you do this in, and I have no expectation of your behaviour changing as a result.  It's clear that your ego blocks any self-realisation you may need to have in order to better fit in with others whose views aren't a total match for your own.

My interest in going in circles with you on this is, at this point, nonexistent.  Have fun.

• Like 2

@PowerDubs You were honest because you were caught. To your credit you didn't hide from what was found.  

Otherwise, @x=usr(1536) has it right so I won't belabor the point. 

I think most of us actually wanted something cool from Atari.  But then we started seeing red flags pop up that we'd seen from other similar campaigns. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think others have already covered it, so I won't beat the dead horse except to point out this is at least the second or third time dubs has gone on an apology tour to look like the well learned sage who has gained wisdom only to go back on his ill-informed crusade again. With everything this malignant narcissist has carried on about, for him to come in now and say he really didn't know what the backstory of the Atari brand was, but he was just playin with "play" money, that's just too much. This guy is a total fraud and troll. Nobody with any capacity to buys stocks OTC is that ill informed. Any clown can have the money, but it takes a real idiot to buy OTC with no frickin clue what they're buying. I've always suspected this clown was talkin out his ass. Pardon my rant, but really, just GTFO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JBerel said:

With everything this malignant narcissist has carried on about, for him to come in now and say he really didn't know what the backstory of the Atari brand was, but he was just playin with "play" money, that's just too much. This guy is a total fraud and troll. Nobody with any capacity to buys stocks OTC is that ill informed. Any clown can have the money, but it takes a real idiot to buy OTC with no frickin clue what they're buying. I've always suspected this clown was talkin out his ass. Pardon my rant, but really, just GTFO.

This is really the heart of the matter. He vainly attempts to appear market-savvy by spouting this outright nonsense:

19 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

and, at the same time, (mind-blowingly) equating Harley Davidson and classic automobiles with passing fads.  Dude disingenuous as fuck.

Not only is he glaringly business-illiterate, but it's painfully obvious he wants to be Superman SO BAD, oblivious to the fact that everyone looking at him sees a little boy jumping off a roof with a red towel around his neck. 

• Haha 2

Well in my eyes Pdubs has gained at least a fair degree of respect from me. Why? He has at least gotten the Atari SA branded blindfold away from his eyes and admits to a degree that he was wrong about the whole ordeal.

You dont have to look far to find dozens or more who vehemently defend Atari SA and the so far nonexistent VCS with tooth and nail with absurd fanaticism. We should be happy about people starting to look at this company with more critical eyes regardless of past opinions. Quite a bunch have come to this site and regretted their preorders.

Historian was also under severe flak fire from us when he took Ataris and Feargals side last year without any apparent critical thinking, and now he is welcome again.

• Like 1

And while Historian is a generally fair, stand up guy, he does have a history of backing the wrong horse and having conflicting interests. It's the carefully packaged false narratives serving as deliberate deception and enabling that are the biggest problems and what started this entire monkey-football orgy.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, JBerel said:

And while Historian is a generally fair, stand up guy, he does have a history of backing the wrong horse and having conflicting interests. It's the carefully packaged false narratives serving as deliberate deception and enabling that are the biggest problems and what started this entire monkey-football orgy.

Monkey-Football Orgy sounds like it could be the system seller for the VCS!  Maybe someone could resurrect Playaround and get that puppy on there.

Coming soon in 2021 (maybe)!

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, dj_convoy said:

I dunno, Rat, this is not his first blindfold falling away moment.

Yeah I know. He has been inconsistent on that part, but I do think that his brand loyalty is gone for real this time around, and the only thing clinging him to Atari SA is his stocks value.

Which in itself tells us all something.

• Like 2

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/09/25/atari_retro_console/

Awaiting the usual cries of how we're Just Not Believing Enough, etc.  I mean, it's not like anyone else could look at the Ataribollocks(tm) fiasco from outside and come to the conclusion that it's a complete and utter shitshow on their own.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, PowerDubs said:

Since I am banned from that thread, here is some info for you. I cant post it in the Atari VCS forum on Reddit because that is moderated and ran by Atari.

I was wrong. I bet on the wrong horse. I really was hoping for several new projects from Atari to do well. Rose colored glasses, believed the good news and ignored the warnings. Im sure you guys will be happy to hear Ive paid dearly and lost a ton.

Just received 100% confirmation- token is dead, the team is no longer. All the work scrapped and not being used. Verifiable email- but I cant say who because of NDA and respect to keep this person out of trouble.

Put that together with the high level board members / execs leaving and you can see the slo mo crash coming. Ugh.

Ten months later ...

• Like 5