IGNORED

News for the taco guys

PowerDubs

I believe in what works. I believe in real products produced by real companies. I believe in seeing stuff on the shelf (or 2-day delivery for e-commerce like amazon & ebay). Present day atari is incapable of any of that. You know that. Everybody knows that. - Keatah

^Exactly right!

And these jokers wanna piggyback off the fame of the name VCS?  Why choose the name of one of the Greatest consoles in video game history?   Seriously, what connection does this POS have to the VCS?   None!  Other than a case that looks almost 1 tenth as cool if you're stoned out of your gourd... and on at least 3 other drugs,  I guess...

• Like 3

My laptop with Emulator Stella and inkjet-printed woodgrain taped to the lid is like, oh, a billion times more VCS than anything fake atari can come up with. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it! Might as will toss in Altirra for an 8-bit classic computing upgrade. All this is the next best experience aside from original hardware. And even better in some ways.

And there are thousands of single-person homebrew projects out there. Right now. That are 100x better than anything fake atari is trying to make. Like a recent XT-IDE card, or BMOW disk simulator, or, or, I don't know.. Everything!

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 4

On 5/14/2020 at 3:11 PM, PowerDubs said:

Call me a dreamer, call me an idiot

Why bother? We've all known it for some time, and it sounds as though even you are finally beginning to suspect.

The reason you keep seeing people stress the "real company" angle is because those are the companies people give a shit about. DeWalt. Apple. Chevy. Nintendo. Companies that make things. Companies that inspire loyalty.

You can list a thousand reasons why it makes sense for Atari to farm out literally everything and then stick their label on it, but the inescapable fact of the matter is that no one cares when those "companies" disappear. Those contract companies are still releasing their software, and releasing it on platforms where people might actually play it. If this version of Atari flames out tomorrow, there's nothing lost.

Real companies leave a lasting hole when they go tits up. That's why there are still Studebaker fans, and that's why there's thousands of people on this forum still talking about the products of a "real" company that's been gone decades. Branding companies like Atari SA disappear like farts in the wind. No one mourns their passing, because there's no in-house talent. The likes of Roller Coaster Tycoon or Missile Command simply pass to the next licensor.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Open your mouth insert your foot.  Complete with dirty sock.

Dewalt, your very first company as an example was bought, sold and merged several times.

In fact that proves my point.  

Your average person doesn’t know who owns or runs any company and doesn’t care anyway.  

You proved this by not knowing who is ‘wearing the skin’ of Dewalt as you kids like to say.  Derp.

• Haha 2

Seems like the projects are all starting to come together.

They are still well overdue on the VCS, should communicate much better about any delays, updates, etc.  I have no doubt whatsoever it is coming though.  

If you care enough to have an open mind and read, I am keeping a list with much more info here-  https://np.reddit.com/r/AtariChain/comments/ghppnr/atari_token_info/

I didn’t put anything there about the new shareholder Rosen, as we don’t know much about him yet- but I expect him to have both input and an impact as he owns a substantial amount of stock with options for more.

7 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

Open your mouth insert your foot.  Complete with dirty sock.

Dewalt, your very first company as an example was bought, sold and merged several times.

In fact that proves my point.  

I'm not surprised you didn't get it, but I picked very specific examples.

While the DeWalt brand has been passed around, it has been owned by Black and Decker for over half a century. They have always had their own design and manufacturing departments, and still have over a half dozen factories in the US alone.

Apple virtually went out of business before refocusing, bringing back Jobs, and storming back to become one of the most valuable companies in the world.

Chevy (via GM) had to be bailed out by government transfusion, but still remains as a powerful icon of Americana.

Nintendo has had to restructure its business model from a competitive hardware model to one of exploiting unique market niche and successful IP management.

All of them design and manufacture their own products. None of them have ever vanished to be replaced by a company that simply decided to start calling itself "Apple." None of them have ever reduced themselves to empty holding companies. None of them rely exclusively on slapping their logo on contracted products, because a contracted Chevrolet could just as easily wear a Ford oval. In that aspect though, I suppose you're right in a way...the average consumer doesn't know or care who's actually pumping out the Centipede t-shirts, because when Atari SA goes away, someone else will seemlessly pick the license up.

Friendly advice? Stop investing. No one with your level of business ineptitude can possibly be any good at it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

Seems like the projects are all starting to come together.

They are still well overdue on the VCS, should communicate much better about any delays, updates, etc.  I have no doubt whatsoever it is coming though.

Shouldn't have to communicate about any delays anymore. Not at this juncture.

Only if you aren't paying attention. Read below, watch and listen to the 2 videos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AtariChain/comments/ghppnr/atari_token_info/

Will they pull it off? Who knows. But they are clearly working in the background and taking steps much much bigger than a lot of people think they are.

Shouldn't need to pay attention. With all the blabbering they do the product(s) should be right here, right now, and in my face. Besides I only pay significant attention to worthwhile things. But either way , whatever it is they're doing, it's amusing to watch. That's gotta be worth some thing in and of itself??

Can I buy fat-ass-making McDonald's hamburgers and french fries with atari token?

Edited by Keatah

39 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

Suit yourself. The info is there. The reasoning and logic is there.

"The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy"

In that case, every day that goes by makes Atari a better buy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I get the humor. :)

Trust me, I didn't need to buy in years ago as it has now turned out to be. I could have bought in now. But the last 6 months has brought a great amount of progress if you look. The next 6 months are going to be interesting.

Edited by PowerDubs

Why is it that future-terms are always used with modern day atari - as in "..going to be interesting."?? Why isn't it interesting now? Why doesn't it exist now?

When we were grade-school children we didn't stand for that kind of bullshit The games and products either came out or they didn't. If they came out the company gained respect from us. And if they didn't it was forgotten and not spoken of.

It was very typical to watch Saturday Morning Cartoons in September & October and have high confidence the ads we were seeing would translate into a real product by Christmas.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Keatah said:

Why is it that future-terms are always used with modern day atari - as in "..going to be interesting."?? Why isn't it interesting now? Why doesn't it exist now?

When we were grade-school children we didn't stand for that kind of bullshit The games and products either came out or they didn't. If they came out the company gained respect from us. And if they didn't it was forgotten and not spoken of.

It was very typical to watch Saturday Morning Cartoons in September & October and have high confidence the ads we were seeing would translate into a real product by Christmas.

man were those the days.  going off-topic, when i was a kid i'd snag the TV Guide and make schedules based on the Fall Saturday morning lineups.  We had the greatest toys because of it imo :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2019 at 8:14 PM, PowerDubs said:

Not sure you guys do.  Atari has had lots of fluctuations..  just in the last few weeks it was down at .30 usd and is now sitting at .43, that is a nice healthy % increase.

Even if you round down to .4, factor that as the increase from the .3 for easier math... trying to argue that people aren't making money on the trades is silly.

Heck- even if it goes up in the next few days, lets say you buy at .50 and it hits a buck when the console launches.. who complains at doubling their money?

But if you bought it at .30 a few weeks ago, and it only hits 90 cents- triple your money.

People laughing and making jokes at 'penny stock' amuse me.  Yea most penny stocks I won't touch- but Atari isn't going anywhere.  Their #'s keep improving, and if that continues the share price will follow.

"Now, might it shoot up to a full Euro or more after the VCS releases?"  Just for fun- what if it hits $2, $5, $10 in the next few years?  And someone bought in at .50, .30 or less..?

They are releasing the financial report on the 11th. 

Just felt like quoting this a year later, as Atari SA sits at .27 and Dubs put an order in for more. You're right...Atari isn't going anywhere.

?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, racerx said:

Just felt like quoting this a year later, as Atari SA sits at .27 and Dubs put an order in for more. You're right...Atari isn't going anywhere.

?

LOL $0.27, my company stock has risen from $109 in the beginning of the year, to $151. :ponder:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keatah said:

Atari became irrelevant after the mid-late 80's.

Not so much irrelevant as misunderstood and under-appreciated.  The 7800 was the point where they lost credibility in the market because the NES and the Master System had so much more to offer and once Atari had lost the upper-hand they were unable to get it back.  The ST has always been a lot more user friendly than the Amiga and the STe was able to hold its own with the Amiga graphics and sound hardware but there wasn't enough software made to take advantage of it.  The Lynx is a fantastic system and deserved so much more attention than it got but like the Game Gear it was always fated to lose out to the Game Boy.  And the Jaguar could have been a game changer if they had thought bigger and got the upper-hand in the fifth generation a few years before Sony (all they had to do was get the hardware out there and let the third party developers do the rest which is all Sony have ever done).