PowerDubs

News for the taco guys

3 hours ago, racerx said:

I think most of us know how the market works.

3 hours ago, racerx said:

Now, might it shoot up to a full Euro or more after the VCS releases? Sure, stranger things have happened.

Not sure you guys do.  Atari has had lots of fluctuations..  just in the last few weeks it was down at .30 usd and is now sitting at .43, that is a nice healthy % increase.

Even if you round down to .4, factor that as the increase from the .3 for easier math... trying to argue that people aren't making money on the trades is silly.

Heck- even if it goes up in the next few days, lets say you buy at .50 and it hits a buck when the console launches.. who complains at doubling their money?

But if you bought it at .30 a few weeks ago, and it only hits 90 cents- triple your money.

People laughing and making jokes at 'penny stock' amuse me.  Yea most penny stocks I won't touch- but Atari isn't going anywhere.  Their #'s keep improving, and if that continues the share price will follow.

"Now, might it shoot up to a full Euro or more after the VCS releases?"  Just for fun- what if it hits $2, $5, $10 in the next few years?  And someone bought in at .50, .30 or less..?

They are releasing the financial report on the 11th. 

• Sad 3

On 7/4/2019 at 3:53 AM, TACODON said:

The A-taco-box circus is my favorite entertainment these days.

But for how long?

tentgone.gif.87ad172b372eef3b87c09dacd24292a2.gif

7 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

And nobody said you had to.  My response was simply that what they have show, on paper is nothing like a Pi.

Additionally- several media outlets have stated that they played a real *working* VCS, with real working controller.  No longer a block of plastic.

Why Atari wouldn't let them film and show that is unknown- but some of the people who were there are reputable- so if they say the system exists and works, I don't doubt them.

This is why ....

paperplanedive.gif.77d34a91cb61a473993a4f44743f4db3.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

" I will certainly not give those ass clowns one bit of support. "

And nobody said you had to.  My response was simply that what they have show, on paper is nothing like a Pi.

Keyword here is "on paper".

And to the rest of the world, this ataribox gadget doesn't exist beyond renders. Otherwise.. Like.. I'd be able to buy it from eBay or Amazon. Dare I say retail?

Can you imagine this circus troupe trying to play these shenanigans in the 1970's. It'd be the 1980's and still no product. Thank the lord we had real engineers back then!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Keatah said:

Keyword here is "on paper".

And to the rest of the world, this ataribox gadget doesn't exist beyond renders. Otherwise.. Like.. I'd be able to buy it from eBay or Amazon. Dare I say retail?

Can you imagine this circus troupe trying to play these shenanigans in the 1970's. It'd be the 1980's and still no product. Thank the lord we had real engineers back then!

but.. but.. but.. Rob Wyatt!

:D

In the 1970s, they'd have to get the word out themselves, without the benefit of social media and websites. They wouldn't have been able to take any "investment" directly from consumers, especially without actually showing anything of substance. Future gaming enthusiasts would wonder "whatever happened to..." as if it were nothing more than a fleeting rumor in the Quarterman gossip column of a gaming magazine. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, digdugnate said:

but.. but.. but.. Rob Wyatt!

:D

Who the hell is that? And why should that matter to me anyway?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Keatah said:

Who the hell is that? And why should that matter to me anyway?

The answer to the first question: he was an early member of the original Xbox engineering team, but was fired for arguing all the time. His name is on the "hybrid emulation" patent thrown around by "Polymega" and he is the brain behind Tin Giant (the site is truly awe-inspiring). After Feargal Mac was sacked from AtariBox, I guess "Atari" thought that Rob Wyatt was the next best thing. He can certainly talk a good game. We haven't heard much from him since this rather idealistic, libertarian progress update/mission statement about their project almost exactly one year ago. The technical details have changed, and the other "facts" should be taken with a 5lb bag of salt. Per his words, his life is a complicated drinking game and stupid shit is in his genes. 

The answer to the second question is probably not much, unless you choose to buy into the whole cult of personality thing, or get dewy-eyed when he calls himself "the father of the xbox." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Sounds like he's past his prime and having pipe dreams about doing it all over again with atari.

We all know how those seasoned industry veterans operate. None of their projects are really in tune with the market. And you're buying into a religion. A religion of one. Like how the Pitfall! remake crashed and burned. Like how those Intellivision remakes went nowhere.

Any project boasting experienced personnel from the golden age is gonna be hot air.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 6:14 PM, PowerDubs said:

People laughing and making jokes at 'penny stock' amuse me.  Yea most penny stocks I won't touch- but Atari isn't going anywhere.  Their #'s keep improving, and if that continues the share price will follow.

Yeah, me too, madness.  Except I don't own thousands of shares and only started with these last year. :P  Just my little company stock, which I own maybe 25-30 of.  You need to wake up, mate. ;)

IMG-6051.JPG

• Like 3

On 7/11/2019 at 10:14 PM, CPUWIZ said:

Yeah, me too, madness.  Except I don't own thousands of shares and only started with these last year. :P  Just my little company stock, which I own maybe 25-30 of.  You need to wake up, mate. ;)

IMG-6051.JPG

Well thanks a lot for the lack of stock tip last month!  :P