IGNORED

News for the taco guys

PowerDubs

31 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

Depends... their partnership with Animoca and the buildup of Atari land on the SandBox is interesting. Tying in a little early stage ready player one vibe with the play / earn / spend tokens.

We still don't know what else they have going on behind the scenes.

You still holding on to their stocks?

Saw something posted on their tokens that made it seem they were unsure of what they were doing.

Yah- still holding. Can't see a point in selling at a loss as I still think the 'brand' has potential to easily grow back to a couple dollars.

The management sucks in many ways....but luckily many of their projects aren't ran by them.

On that note- to the flomo guy in the tact thread (since I can't respond there)- the financial period ended Mar 31, but the report won't be out until end of June... the next period ends end of Sept, report released end of Dec. Same timing every year.

Atari already gave guidance last Sept at the shareholder meeting to expect the results which ended March to be 'bad' as they were spending money on the VCS project.

They also expected to have the console released before March 31 which would allow them to count the indigo 3 mil in. (they've 'held' it off any accounting so far).

So yea- the report in June is going to suck, and all of us invested in the conpany already know and expect it. (typo-ed that- went back to correct it, and then said nah...it seems right! ;) )

Problem is if the console doesn't release between now and Sept 31...then the next half may to suck as well...depends on these other projects.

Atari is a name known worldwide for old videogames that old people play. These oldsters are the rich ones with fabulous buying power and influence. We oldies are the keepers of the heritage and even know how to extend it, broaden it, carry it forward, by producing games that are true to the spirit - the new homebrews. Not forgetting hardware accessories. That's more "Atari" than anything fake atari can come up with..

Heck, even Emulator Stella and Emulator Altirra are "more Atari" than fake atari.

And there isn't a chance in hell we associate the new Atari with anything progressive, anything exciting.. Let alone state-of-the-art and worthwhile. We know modern day atari is a flop in the bucket.

Youngsters know modern day atari as nothing to get excited over. To them it's nothing grand like back in the 1980's. To them it's just another company farting out the occasional online regurgitation (of overused classics) and the frequent rumor. Maybe make some merch.. Shallow.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

That is mostly an emotional rant.

True the most die-hard, and knowledgeable OG fans understand and hate what Fred has done. But the vast majority of the population doesn't know, doesn't care- and still knows the name.

Balk all you want- a companies #1 asset is pretty much brand name recognition. To have that globally is huge if they can get their shit together.

And a very correct emotional rant. Brand recognition means nothing here because there is nothing memorable being produced.

Newcomers to the atari name are like meh. The vast majority of the population takes a peek inside and sees reason not to care. And they don't hold the atari name on a pedestal any higher than any other game studio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

That is mostly an emotional rant.

True the most die-hard, and knowledgeable OG fans understand and hate what Fred has done. But the vast majority of the population doesn't know, doesn't care- and still knows the name.

Balk all you want- a companies #1 asset is pretty much brand name recognition. To have that globally is huge if they can get their shit together.

Wait I'm confused, if the OG fans who care want nothing to do with Atari in it's current state and by your admission the majority of the population neither knows or cares about Atari, who is the tacobox for again? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

Wait I'm confused, if the OG fans who care want nothing to do with Atari in it's current state and by your admission the majority of the population neither knows or cares about Atari, who is the tacobox for again? 

Moms who use Netflix... duh 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keatah said:

We oldies are the keepers of the heritage and even know how to extend it, broaden it, carry it forward, by producing games that are true to the spirit - the new homebrews. 

Man if I had a beer right now I would pop one open and drink to that!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

And there in lies the problem.  Firstly they talk shit, then show fake shit, then show shit again whilst talking shit, then show broken shit, then make up shit and then no shit.  This will destroy brand name recognition.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

Mom's who like Netflix.

Account Sign Up

There is an interesting page once you log in that says you can invest a token you buy for 3 months and get 3% return, or 6 months for 6.5% return. No idea how that works.

Initial presale finished a couple days ago- first round they sold 4,2536,172 at 8 cents.

Second round started today, also at 8 cents.

Third round slated for April 30th at 20 cents each.

Under the 'Deposit' tab- if you want to put funds in to purchase an Atari Token- they have an option for credit card (as well as bank and other cryptos)... kind of surprising. I didn't click on it- but would be funny to use a car and get cash back rewards.

This site currently says, the following. No idea what it means, no idea of the difference.

Value of 1 ATRI:
$0.08

Value of 1 ATAR:
$0.10

Doesn't have to make sense to make money. :)

Ya never know.

Member that guy that bought a couple pizzas for 10,000 bitcoin?

https://www.investopedia.com/news/bitcoin-pizza-day-celebrating-20-million-pizza-order/

Yea- FOMO blah blah blah, dumb, useless... but how many people in the world? Lotta dummies- so again, at the right price name recognition is worth something.

Pizza dude lost well over 150 mil at bitcoins peak- for 2 pizzas.

Even though I dislike Atari methods and management, just like the hotel project- this has a lot of other people involved besides Atari so maybe I'll throw $50 for S&G..grab some tokens.

• Like 1