IGNORED

61 and counting…

whaler23

I got a long way to go before I hit 125! I just wanted to thank the members of the forum and the Intellivision community for the wonderful content and knowledge you share that has made it easy for me to once again enjoy playing the Intellivision.

I got back into Intellivision this past August when my Dad passed unexpectedly. I found he had saved the original system and the 21 games we had played many years ago and it was still in working order. Playing them and collecting new games has brought back so many memories and been a cathartic experience for me.

I’d like to eventually complete the collection as now I’m building Intellivision memories with my daughter.

Looking forward to learning more from all of you here.

thanks!

whaler

• Like 7

Great to see posts like this! Thanks for sharing and glad you're enjoying the whole experience. I really enjoyed building up my Intellivision collection and part of me wishes I could experience it again. 125 is small compared to most game libraries, but there are so many decent games in there. I'm still working through playing all of them and I second mcrew's High Score Challenge suggestion. It's a nice opportunity to do more of a deep dive into each game.

Which 21 cartridges did you originally have. Which were your favourites.

These are the 21 games we had originally:

Advanced D&D

Armor Battle

Frog Bog

Lock n Chase

Nightstalker

Sharp Shot

Snafu

Tron Maze-A-Tron

Vectron

Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack

Astro Smash

Space Armada

Star Strike

Auto Racing

Major League Baseball

Tennis

Reversi

Utopia

Burgertime

Donkey Kong

Carnival

Definitely played Burgertime the most. But Frog Bog is my earliest gaming memory. Also had lots of fun with Lock n Chase, Armor Battle, Snafu, Astro Smash, Space Armada, Major League Baseball. Utopia too! The only game I could never figure out as a kid but learning now is Vectron.

• Like 2

Thanks all for the welcome. I am going to head over and check out the HSC. Also looking forward to playing some homebrews! Amazing some of the videos of these games I've seen on youtube.

Lock'n'Chase ends tomorrow afternoon, but still time left to play and plenty more games left this season. Join us!

• Like 1

Definitely played Burgertime the most. But Frog Bog is my earliest gaming memory. Also had lots of fun with Lock n Chase, Armor Battle, Snafu, Astro Smash, Space Armada, Major League Baseball. Utopia too! The only game I could never figure out as a kid but learning now is Vectron.

You have most of the "greatest hits" covered already so that's a great start. Are you collecting complete in box games or just going after the cartridges?

You have most of the "greatest hits" covered already so that's a great start. Are you collecting complete in box games or just going after the cartridges?

CIB...I really like the box artwork and as a technical writer, I appreciate the manuals. My starting collection was all CIB. I don't think my Dad ever threw out a box :-)

• Like 1