IGNORED

2 Fishy Fishy (a.k.a Shark Shark)

intvdave

I created 2 Fishy Fishy for my kid back in 2014 because she enjoyed playing Shark Shark but was frustrated playing 2 player mode. I never planned to release it but, to celebrate 15 years of Intelligentvision (really 16 but who is counting), here it is for you to enjoy!

fishy fishy.rom

This is a 2 player game only. If you want a one player version, play Shark Shark or play the game up in Coop mode.

When the game starts, you will be able to choose to play either Cooperative (you can not eat each other) or Competitive (you can eat each other when larger than the other).

The game is timed. You can choose to play 1 to 9 minutes. Once the timer runs out, your game will end when you die.

When you die in the game, press the lower left side button to return to the game. If both fish die, both will re-enter the game.

To stop moving, press the lower right side button.

To dart, hold either top button.

There are other changes but you will figure them out as you play the game. Honest feedback is appreciated as I might incorporate it into future updates.

• Like 13

This is a nice hack. It definitely makes two player play better. It's even good for one player play.

Not that I use the stop function much, but it should be on both left and right side buttons. Moving the dart function to the side buttons makes sense. You still have to release the disc to dart.

I see you you removed the left expanded border, increasing the playfield. It's really only needed for scrolling. Never understood why so many of the old cartridges that don't scroll expanded the border. Maybe to make the picture more centred on the old televisions.

Edited by mr_me

With Dart on the side button, you no longer need to let go of the disc.

Stop is not on both sides because I needed to use a side button for the re-enter the game function. I did not want to use the keypad. People playing in emulation may have the 3 side buttons mapped to a controller.

Original games probably used the borders as the EXEC would handle running into the border. Easy to code for it. This makes me wonder what other games would benefit from not having the borders.

With Dart on the side button, you no longer need to let go of the disc.

Stop is not on both sides because I needed to use a side button for the re-enter the game function. I did not want to use the keypad. People playing in emulation may have the 3 side buttons mapped to a controller.

Original games probably used the borders as the EXEC would handle running into the border. Easy to code for it. This makes me wonder what other games would benefit from not having the borders.

The same button can do both functions. Yes with an alternative controller it doesn't matter but with an intellivision controller it's better to have side button symmetry.

Without the expanded border there is still a left border for hardware collisions. Only jzintv doesn't display a left border by default. I don't think the exec even uses borders for collisions.

The same button can do both functions. Yes with an alternative controller it doesn't matter but with an intellivision controller it's better to have side button symmetry.

I think I am lost. Are you saying the left lower side button should be stop? What should be pressed to have the player re-enter the game? Dart is taking up the top side buttons. This is correct to me as I use it a lot while playing.

Curious as to why a side button is needed for re-enter versus any keypad button; namely Enter?

Mainly for using other gamepad usage?

Any key can be used to re-enter. I just prefer the side buttons in this case. For other cases such as Night Stalker, you want to press the disc while shooting. The keypad does not work while holding the disc.

Releasing a game is never poorly timed unless you consider it took me 5 years to do this :) It is nice to share with everyone.

Oh, I didn't mean poor timing on your part. Poor timing on our part! We've been planning the Shark Shark episode for a while and finally got to it.

But it's really good on the other hand. Now we can include a segment about it at least, rather than it not getting a mention.

awesome good to hear. Any Cart release in the near future. ? Maybe REV :twisted:

Not Rev. I have considered it. I do not know if there is enough interest though. Most people probably have the LTO Flash. If not, they should :)

Others may play the game in emulation.

Speaking of emulation. What is your favorite 5200 game? Mine are Ball Blazer and Star Raiders. I have both of them working beautifully on my RetroPie. I use my Intellivision controller. Star Raiders plays like Space Spartans.

Not Rev. I have considered it. I do not know if there is enough interest though. Most people probably have the LTO Flash. If not, they should :)

Others may play the game in emulation.

Speaking of emulation. What is your favorite 5200 game? Mine are Ball Blazer and Star Raiders. I have both of them working beautifully on my RetroPie. I use my Intellivision controller. Star Raiders plays like Space Spartans.

That's cool Dave. If you ever decide to release iit on cart. I am game. I do not have an Lto flash That's cool You like the 5200 as well. I like those games too. My favs are probably Countermeasure, Moon patrol, space dungeon, few other ones. I like the prototypes as well . like frisky tom . meebzork, wish it can be completed, looks alike a n awesome adventure game.