IGNORED

Super Pro Astrosmash

intvdave

Seriously, if there were more stage colors alone, I'd fire up even an otherwise vanilla version of the game on my LTO and do my best to reach them. :D

I have 13 colors set to show as background depending on the score achieved. The colors that do not work are white, drk green, and yellow. I currently have the colors switching every 1,000 points but that would not be a challenge enough. When should I have the background colors change? Every 5,000? It could also be something like:

ect....

Once we figure this out, I will update the game and post it.

• Like 4

I have 13 colors set to show as background depending on the score achieved. The colors that do not work are white, drk green, and yellow. I currently have the colors switching every 1,000 points but that would not be a challenge enough. When should I have the background colors change? Every 5,000? It could also be something like:

ect....

Once we figure this out, I will update the game and post it.

Thanks a lot, looking forward to it.

My Dad is coming to town this coming weekend to visit for the first time in a few years. If it's ready in time I'm going to show it to him and see if I can get him to play some Intellivision with me. Growing up he was the reigning champ in our house for Astrosmash and Lock 'n Chase.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, looking forward to it.

My Dad is coming to town this coming weekend to visit for the first time in a few years. If it's ready in time I'm going to show it to him and see if I can get him to play some Intellivision with me. Growing up he was the reigning champ in our house for Astrosmash and Lock 'n Chase.

At what scores/points do you want the background colors to take effect? I am thinking every 5,000. To see all the colors you have to get to 60,000 (do not check my math). If we do every 10,000 points, you have to get to 120,000 points to see them all. I am thinking 10k is where it should be. Do most players get over 100k socre?

How are you guys playing this? Can you play it on pc still? it's been years since I tried

There are a few options:

• PC using an emulator (jzintv is the go-to emulator) and you can get USB adapters for using Intellivision controllers
  • RetroPie on a Raspberry Pi (jzintv is the go-to emulator) - also using USB adapters for using real Intellivision controllers
  • LTO Flash! cart and you can play on real hardware

The jzintv emulator can be mapped out to support gamepads, and such, but why not use real Inty controllers?

EDIT: if you want to play the game without controllers, you can still use a PC and the jzintv emulator. The keyboard is supported, too, and since it is only Astrosmash it should be easy enough to play on a keyboard.

Edited by fdr4prez

The two files represent the intellevision executive rom and graphics rom chips that's inside an intellivision. If you have an intellivision rom set, easily found on the internet, those two files will be in there. They might might be named "Executive ROM, The (1978) (Mattel).int" and "GROM, The (1978) (General Instruments) [!].int". If they are in a zip or .7z archive (e.g. "BIOS ROM (1978).zip"), extract the files. If using jzintv, rename the two files to "exec.bin" and "grom.bin" and put them in the jzintv\rom folder.

Edited by mr_me

Yeah I tried and there were missing files that were top secret and hard to find. Grom or bin I think, I finally gave up. If someone can PM me the PC moron's version of instruction that would be great. I can't currently play on anything but PC and want to play.

Check your PM's ...

You must be using Arnauld's gui/frontend. According to this, it doesn't support long folder names. http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/jzintv/jzintv.php

Make sure the folders in the jzintv.exe path don't have spaces and are eight characters or less. That gui is an old program, and not needed to use jzintv.

Edited by mr_me

You must be using Arnauld's gui/frontend. According to this, it doesn't support long folder names. http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/jzintv/jzintv.php

Make sure the folders in the jzintv.exe path don't have spaces and are eight characters or less. That gui is an old program, and not needed to use jzintv.

The LTO Flash GUI also doubles as a launcher for jzIntv. You don't even need an LTO Flash. The GUI is free.

• Like 1

I ran it on jz, but full screen didn't work, gave me an error. A couple of thoughts:

I don't like the red background at 10K, that's too weird. I think red should only be for the explosion.

One problem with different colored backgrounds: invisible rocks! :lol: I was exploding left and right over 15K because the tan rocks blended into the background. If you're going to color the background, there shouldn't be any rocks of the same color.