IGNORED

Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?

Shawn

Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?

• Yep, I sure do!
    • Not a chance!
    • I have before but not anymore.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I wear gaming related clothing almost all the time. In the 90's, I made my own t-shirts from printer-transfers which you sealed. They did not hold up well, so I was constantly re-making them.

Later, as custom printed shirts became more common, I started having custom shirts made which are worn once of twice a month and last for many years with that rate of laundering.

I own about 20 different shirts with game box art, screen shots, and logos from arcade classics like Galaga, Pac Man, Atari, Nintendo etc.

In addition to custom shirts, I also have many official shirts from video games like Duke Nukem 3D (several types), Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, Duke Nukem Forever, Daikatana, Super Noahs Ark 3D, Dangerous Dave, DooM 1 2 3 and Final DooM, Quake 1, 2, & 4, and modern stuff up to Red Dead Redemption II and several others I can't think of.

In addition to shirts, I have/wear four belt buckles... Duke Nukems nuke symbol, Packman screenshot, Nintendo chrome/enamel controller, and color enameled Atari logo.

I did get the Nintendo controller pattern Vans high-tops.

I see a lot of socially based comments about appropriateness... but I don't concern myself too much with preferences of society and its trends, or concerns with advertising for others etc... I see this as fitting for myself as this is a fair representation of one of my greater interests. Not just relative to clothing, I do WAY more of what I am comfortable with vs what is appropriate for persons I don't know to feel comfortable with. I have almost no level of trend compliance I suppose. I am also non-social, so this isn't an issue. :D

I had to select Yep, I sure do because there wasn't a "oh HELL yeah, I wear video game related clothing!" option.

Oh, and I have a Duke Nukem door mat and pillow case both in use... lets not forget those.

MrBlackCat

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a few T-Shirts/Beanies that are video game related

-N64 Shirt

-A shirt that has the cartridge art for Berserk

-Jaguar logo shirt

-Playstation controller symbols shirt

-Dreamcast Beanie

-Atari 2600 Beanie

-The Nintendo 1-up mushroom vans

I also have a few pokemon shirts laying around somewhere

Edited by SmellyJelly

I have shirts for Mario, several Zelda (including one for the symphony), some Sonic, but several Atari including Pacman, Tempest and Adventure. Pretty much most of my shirts are video game related. I also have a Mario logo baseball cap, and Cappy from Super Mario Odyssey.

Edited by matthew954

I had a really cool Gunblade NY t-shirt that I sold on ebay years and years ago, now strongly regret. Also had a really great Saturn NiGHts shirt that I outgrew and sold.

Still have a some treasured VG shirts - Space Channel 5, Halo Wars, the original StarCraft, Castle Crashers, and recently grabbed one of the Target Atari shirts because I liked the design (even though I see them on people online and in person too often for my taste, hate being common :) ). Got some really cool Mortal Kombat, Moon Patrol, and Joust shirts at the PRGC that I got to go to a few years back, wish I would have gotten more from that vendor. I get compliments on both the Joust and MK shirt every time I wear them. Not just men either, a female clerk at Pier 1 was all "sweet Mortal Kombat shirt - I still love that game!". It's just a black shirt with a red MK Dragon logo, simple and pure. :)

I had a really cool Gunblade NY t-shirt that I sold on ebay years and years ago, now strongly regret. Also had a really great Saturn NiGHts shirt that I outgrew and sold.

Still have a some treasured VG shirts - Space Channel 5, Halo Wars, the original StarCraft, Castle Crashers, and recently grabbed one of the Target Atari shirts because I liked the design (even though I see them on people online and in person too often for my taste, hate being common :) ). Got some really cool Mortal Kombat, Moon Patrol, and Joust shirts at the PRGC that I got to go to a few years back, wish I would have gotten more from that vendor. I get compliments on both the Joust and MK shirt every time I wear them. Not just men either, a female clerk at Pier 1 was all "sweet Mortal Kombat shirt - I still love that game!". It's just a black shirt with a red MK Dragon logo, simple and pure. :)

I was at Wal-Mart the other day and they had a new MK shirt using the older style graphic so keep an eye out for those :)

I see a lot of socially based comments about appropriateness... but I don't concern myself too much with preferences of society and its trends, or concerns with advertising for others etc... I see this as fitting for myself as this is a fair representation of one of my greater interests. Not just relative to clothing, I do WAY more of what I am comfortable with vs what is appropriate for persons I don't know to feel comfortable with. I have almost no level of trend compliance I suppose. I am also non-social, so this isn't an issue. :D

You do you, buddy.

• Like 1

Heck yes, if I'm dressed casual or lounging around the house, I'm most likely wearing a video game t-shirt. Probably half of them were simply acquired at Target or some other local store. The rest I special purchased online:

First up, here's my most special shirt, only because it's the oldest shirt I own, it's over 25 years old and in pretty good shape:

post-3519-0-61025700-1554936409.jpg

Here are some Pac-Man shirts:

post-3519-0-80614300-1554936299.jpg post-3519-0-79061200-1554936319.jpg

post-3519-0-81375200-1554936326.jpg post-3519-0-61026000-1554936342.jpg

post-3519-0-36649100-1554936292.jpg post-3519-0-70741500-1554936380.jpg

post-3519-0-44722600-1554936399.jpg

ATARI:

post-3519-0-38132000-1554936252.jpg post-3519-0-33128400-1554936269.jpg

My favorite ATARI, it's a raver hoodie. I've had lots of compliments with this one:

post-3519-0-71922300-1554936390.jpg

Jaguar:

post-3519-0-88043800-1554936284.jpg

Specialty:

post-3519-0-50934500-1554936277.jpg post-3519-0-08871900-1554936309.jpg

post-3519-0-30528200-1554936333.jpg post-3519-0-48876800-1554936358.jpg

post-3519-0-40922000-1554936369.jpg

• Like 3

I've got a collection...

I even have 2 of the Atari E.T. Excavation t-shirts. I didn't get to go but, as soon as it was done, I watched on ebay found someone with 2 of them and I paid $10 for both....One to wear, one to keep sealed in a bag.. Seeing that they sold on ebay for over $200, it appears I made a good investment..

If you don't remember what they look like....

naomiAtariShirt.jpg

I hunted for a picture of the shirt but, for some reason, I really liked this one :)

Edited by TheCoolDave
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...