IGNORED

Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?

Shawn

Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?

• Yep, I sure do!
    • Not a chance!
    • I have before but not anymore.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 8 months later...

I've got a lovely S P A C E   I N V A D E R S shirt. Well x3.

It has the usual suspects in a line in different colours

with the legend 'Class of 78' which is perfect for me as I was born in 78 just like Space Invaders.

Problem is, some old girl had a go at me down the pub over it. I was minding my own business and she

just goes 'you shouldn't be wearing that shirt, it will make people thing you're young'.
What bloody cheek. As she was female I just grumbled and continued with my drink. How rude!

I have a bunch of Midwest Gaming Classic shirts, a Digital Press shirt, Pitfall!, Legend of Zelda OoT, Garcade, Pac-Man shirt (socks and a hat that doesn't fit my noggin), Flynn's Arcade (Best Buy bonus with the movies), video game museum shirt (I wanna say the Iowa one), original Nintendo logo shirt. I think that's it for video games. Game related I have a Gen Con from 2003 when it was still in Milwaukee. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bad pic quality, but here's a bunch of mine.  Castle Crashers, Mortal Kombat logo, PSX, Atari Circle from Target, Cuphead, Virtua Fighter, Joust, Moon Patrol, BattleBlock Theater, Dreamcast, Space Channel 5, Bioshock, Xbox 360 sleep pants.  Also have shirts for Midwest Gaming Classic, Halo Wars, StarCraft, and Berzerk.  Sadly lost, either ruined, sold, or whatever... a Sega Saturn Nights shirt, Gunblade NY shirt, and two Warcraft III shirts.  

VG Shirts.jpg

Edited by Curious Sofa
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few that I wear around the house. Now that I think about it, they're mostly Intellivision related though. I have a gray Utopia shirt, a blue Intellivision Bowling League shirt, a black Astrosmash t-shirt (just like the one Sheldon wears sometimes on the Big Bang Theory but I had mine first), and a black Pacman shirt. I also have a white colorblock Pacman sweatshirt that I really like and wear sometimes when we go shopping because I know it annoys my kids :)

Funny story (at least to me). We were at an outlet mall last June and I saw two headless mannequins (not the people in the picture below) wearing what I thought might be an Atari-themed t-shirt at the Levi's store. I told my wife I was thinking about buying the shirt because it reminded me of my Atari Club mug. My older son laughed and said "I think other people will associate it with something other than Atari but go for it". Turns out they didn't have my size. I still think it's a cool shirt though.

IMG_3240.thumb.PNG.1f1222d6b850bcbc3754264f70090e19.PNGIMG_4205.thumb.JPG.554a035276ecf3d6a59bdf7f5198d081.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, cvga said:

Funny story (at least to me). We were at an outlet mall last June and I saw two headless mannequins (not the people in the picture below) wearing what I thought might be an Atari-themed t-shirt at the Levi's store. I told my wife I was thinking about buying the shirt because it reminded me of my Atari Club mug. My older son laughed and said "I think other people will associate it with something other than Atari but go for it". Turns out they didn't have my size. I still think it's a cool shirt though.

IMG_3240.thumb.PNG.1f1222d6b850bcbc3754264f70090e19.PNGIMG_4205.thumb.JPG.554a035276ecf3d6a59bdf7f5198d081.JPG

I used that Club mug for years. I think the outside plastic finally cracked or something before it retired :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kobra Kai said:

Was the Atari mug a mail-in item? 

Yes. I think it cost about $4 back in the day although I didn't get mine until much later. I didn't care about mugs back then. Actually I still don't care about them in general but this one looks really cool.

47 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Since I'm now in "have to wear a suit all the time" world, the only thing I can get away with is accessorizing. But I do have a nice Space Invaders tie, SI & Pac-Man socks, and SI cufflinks & watch..... :D

You can hide one under that 3 piece monkey suit :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2