IGNORED

Yoomp! Etc down my local pub?

cgfatari79

The Birkbeck Tavern Leytonstone must update my profile.

As for fellow Atarians yes there are many.

I started running a games night in the pub function room with a quite a large setup. modern and classics 90% run on original hardware. I have xegs setup with sio to pc. I need to make a decent video of the next games night and post it.

Excellent...

Please do the vid....Hope you nail the consoles down, tough area that...I've lived in various places in the East End over the years, Ilford, Walthamstow, Hackney and a little further out, South Woodford, apart from the last one they all are pretty tough old places..

Glad to hear about more Atarians...Vid or just pics of the games night would be great..

Cheers..

• Like 1

Actually you would be surprised Leytonstone has changed quite a lot its getting quite hippsterfied. Yeah sure it still has it's fair share of problems just like many places but it has real genuine local community.

I have also moved around a little bit but I have found I'm more cofartable being back at my roots.

Where are you living now?... Don't answer that if you don't want to.

Actually you would be surprised Leytonstone has changed quite a lot its getting quite hippsterfied. Yeah sure it still has it's fair share of problems just like many places but it has real genuine local community.

I have also moved around a little bit but I have found I'm more cofartable being back at my roots.

Where are you living now?... Don't answer that if you don't want to.

Northolt, total opposite side of the map of London..Trust me, its none too clever here either :)

Nice to see a retro head spread the love in new ways, a games night in a pub is great and even better if there's loads of Atari stuff to play..

Well done that man...

• Like 1

Brilliant! a NEW game shows off the best of the Atari programmers' ability. It would be nice to display one with a VBXE,U1M (Jon's firmware), and Rapidus. Hopefully someone will write a 'killer app' for it.

That would really help sell these upgrades and help the Atari Community in general.

More people with upgrades = More software that requires them = More upgrades sold = More and BETTER software written for our beloved Ataris. If this keeps happening, it could become a chain reaction for the BENEFIT of us all.

:)

You 'purists' and IllOp users won't like this, but EVERYONE knows I'm correct on this.

This WILL happen!

:)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks It is rather good isn't it :)

I had to ommit the atari 7800 as I am just about to attempt the video mod. The problem i have is the kit i purchased from eBay only came with the small PCB and RCA jacks but no wire. Not sure what wire I am supposed to use, as having checked all the guides I found here at atariage and on youtube. That is the one detail that is lacking.

Any ideas? Is it just a case of cutting wires from an RCA audio and video cable?

I have never had a 7800 to be honest but the wire can be any standard hook up wire I'd guess, the usual multi strand connection wire should do, even a bit of ribbon cable to make it neat.

Best idea is to ask in the 7800 section on here, you will get a spot on answer...

Thanks I will do that I need to get the 7800 up and running soon. The idea is to set up a dedicated Atari section within the games night. I also have a couple of more computers to pull out of storage a 65xe and 800xl asuming they still work.

Edited by cgfatari79