In the latest episode of my channel, I discuss early football games. I discuss all those that were released for the Atari 2600, plus the 5200's version of RealSports Football, and some PC and NES games. As the Superbowl approaches I think that we can look back on some of our favorite football memories, even if they were played in a video game! What are your favorite football games? Let me know, I'd like to hear about them. How about some memories of your own times playing some of these games? Thanks for viewing and supporting my channel. Please subscribe if you haven't already.

• Like 3

I watched this video yesterday and I have to say it was AWESOME! I appreciate how you included many early football games in comparison, including game play. I had grown up playing most of those games, but was surprised and appreciative you included XOR's NFL Challenge. I was obsessed with that PC game and even used it to simulate the Super Bowl into the 1990's! I don't know if I missed it, but I would have liked to see Intellivision NFL Football covered with that bunch. Again, I really like how you compared a wide range of games in one video. I made a point to subscribe and will check out your other videos. Keep up the good work! One question, will you be doing a similar video for hockey? I would love to see a comparison of Atari's Ice Hockey, Intellivision's Super Pro Slap Shot Hockey, NES Ice Hockey, and EA's NHLPA Hockey!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the video man :thumbsup:

I like to fashion myself as a connoisseur of older sports video games, and ashamedly have never heard of XOR's NFL Challenge. Looks like a fantastic game that I'd sure I'd have enjoyed back in the day. We had Football for the TI-99 4a which was very similar to that, but a bit more basic.

Have never played a 5200, and the football game on that, looks like I must give a try.

Loved the first Madden and spent way too much time designing plays with the editing feature. Just a fun game.

I'll second the hockey video, as that would be fun as well. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm not much of a sports fan, but my dad is and I have great memories playing TV Sports Football with him. At the time, we thought it was the greatest thing ever. But, looking back, it's pretty primitive: The blockers just stand there in the middle of the field! I wish I could say I learned something about how football is played from it, but .. nah.. I still am totally confused when I see it on tv!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the video man :thumbsup:

I like to fashion myself as a connoisseur of older sports video games, and ashamedly have never heard of XOR's NFL Challenge. Looks like a fantastic game that I'd sure I'd have enjoyed back in the day. We had Football for the TI-99 4a which was very similar to that, but a bit more basic.

Have never played a 5200, and the football game on that, looks like I must give a try.

Loved the first Madden and spent way too much time designing plays with the editing feature. Just a fun game.

I'll second the hockey video, as that would be fun as well. :thumbsup:

The hockey episode is coming. It will be the next sports games episode. You can get NFL Challenge @ www.myabandonware.com You will need DosBox to play it. If you need any help, just DM me and I'll walk you through it.

Edited by classicgamer74

Maybe, but you can feel secure letting your kids and grandkids watch my channel because there is no profanity of any kind. I have nothing but respect for James, as if it weren't for him I wouldn't have been inspired to start my own channel. However, I don't spend hours on end trashing people's hard work or finding new and creative ways to use foul language.

Maybe, but you can feel secure letting your kids and grandkids watch my channel because there is no profanity of any kind. I have nothing but respect for James, as if it weren't for him I wouldn't have been inspired to start my own channel. However, I don't spend hours on end trashing people's hard work or finding new and creative ways to use foul language.

James and Mike Mondays gives their real opinions on the games. A lot of kids like me got interested in classic gaming through watching AVGN when they were kids.