IGNORED

What game is this?

CrazyChris

I have a copy on cartridge, played it... I have a soft spot for the early children's titles. Takes me back...

When I was a kid, my Dad pounded the multiplication and division tables into my head with flash cards. When my boys were

growing up I was sooo happy when I found Math Attack for the 2600. I didn't even have to watch them because I could tell

by the sounds how well (or bad) they were doing. But unlike you, they both still hate that game!

David

Edited by DavidMil

Frieda Lekkerkerker seems to have been quite influencial with children's software, several titles in her own Inc licensed to Fisher-Price as well as Tandy etc. In case it is the same person, she now runs a B&B in France. I saw a mention that she moved to the US in 1977 for grad school and remained for nearly 20 years, which seems to fit. Perhaps someone for an ANTIC podcast?

• Like 2

When I was a kid, my Dad pounded the multiplication and division tables into my head with flash cards. When my boys were

growing up I was sooo happy when I found Math Attack for the 2600. I didn't even have to watch them because I could tell

by the sounds how well (or bad) they were doing. But unlike you, they both still hate that game!

David

I did a quick google search on "Math Attack Atari 2600" because I hadn't seen or heard of it before but I didn't find anything on it. Did you get the name right?

Bob

I could easily be mistaken about the name. In the middle on the bottom of the screen it gave you a math problem.

On one side of the bottom was the total number of problems and on the other side of the bottom was the number

you had gotten right. The rest of the screen had numbers floating around and you used the joystick to click on the

correct answer to the problem. If a number touched the bottom of the play area it meant the timer had run out and

you got a raspberry sound. It also would list the problems you got wrong so you could see where you needed to

do additional work.

David