IGNORED

092673Problem with 520STfm monitor output

myriadcs

Hi Everyone

I have recently found 520STfm on local auction. After connecting to TV (via SCART Cable) it did not display anything but grey screen. I have opened it and found quite a lot of rust on disk drive and a bit on motherboard. After cleaning everything and reseating chips I was able to see green TOS screen :) Little success :) However, I noticed strange screen shake every 5-10 seconds. Here is recording how it looks

I guess something is wrong with motherboard (C103253 Rev.1) but not sure where to start/what to replace. Any suggestions? Edited by myriadcs

I had some blankings similar to what can see on your video when made ST - SCART cable after schematic in Atari ST ProfiBuch - and similar ones can see online. On pin 16 of SCART (RGB blanking) goes signal Vsync from ST (pin 12 of video conn,). But that's not good for all TVs, obviously. Instead Vsync connect there pin 8 of ST video conn. This solved problem in my case. Newer LCD/LED TV.

I remember that for some old TVs, in 80-es, 90-es current from that pin 8 (what is 12V via resistor) was not enough, and needed to use +5V or +12V via smaller resistor. Some TVs may need to connect switching voltage to pin 8 of SCART, to switch in RGB mode

I have modified cable and tried connecting Atari pin 8 to Scart pin 16 (and disconnecting Atari pin 12 to scart pin 16). It's not "shaky" but image is kind of blurred.

Then I tried Atari pin 8 to Scart pin 8 (as it was originally) and Atari pin 12 disconnected.

Better than previous but still not good. Similar to Atari Pin 8 and 12 not connected at all.

What else should I try?

post-66037-0-63349500-1548963626_thumb.jpg

post-66037-0-03421400-1548963634_thumb.jpg

post-66037-0-46672600-1548963641_thumb.jpg