IGNORED

Another unreleased CV game found and preserved!

retroillucid

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

We have decided to postpone the release a bit since Canada Post is so freakin slow these days

That's a good idea.  I've still got three magazines (each mailed a month apart) in transit that are now months late!!!!!  That's if they'll turn up at all.

17 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

That's a good idea.  I've still got three magazines (each mailed a month apart) in transit that are now months late!!!!!  That's if they'll turn up at all.

Yeah, everything is super slow at Post Canada 
We didn't want to piss people off, since I'm also waiting for packages for quite some time now and I know how much time it can takes to receive a package 

Very cool! I had no idea Sydney’s HQ was here in San Diego. That’s two 1980s game developers with SD headquarters (the other being Steven Stack of Red Sea Crossing [Atari]). Interestingly, each developer had at least one unpublished game. I only wish there were some remnants of their facilities or the stock, but sadly these are just spaces occupied by different tenants now. 

Edit: I see that it was Dataproducts, Inc. as the [presumed] developer. Still cool!

Edited by phattyboombatty

On 7/20/2020 at 12:23 AM, phattyboombatty said:

Very cool! I had no idea Sydney’s HQ was here in San Diego. That’s two 1980s game developers with SD headquarters (the other being Steven Stack of Red Sea Crossing [Atari]). Interestingly, each developer had at least one unpublished game. I only wish there were some remnants of their facilities or the stock, but sadly these are just spaces occupied by different tenants now.

More notably, Sega's North American operations were in San Diego for several years after they purchased Gremlin Industries.  Many early Sega coin-op and consumer games were developed there. 

http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/Sega_Electronics

On 7/20/2020 at 12:23 AM, phattyboombatty said:

Edit: I see that it was Dataproducts, Inc. as the [presumed] developer. Still cool!

Most if not all of Sydney's ColecoVision games (likely including Energy Quiz) were developed by Artech in Ottawa, ON.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, retroillucid said:
The previously unreleased game; Energy Quiz is now avalaible to purchase!

Here's your chance to own a very unique piece of ColecoVision history!

Grab your copy before it's too late!

Already ordered!!

• Thanks 1