Jump to content
retroillucid

Another unreleased CV game found and preserved!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Serguei2 said:

Where is it now?

We have decided to postpone the release a bit since Canada Post is so freakin slow these days
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

We have decided to postpone the release a bit since Canada Post is so freakin slow these days
 

That's a good idea.  I've still got three magazines (each mailed a month apart) in transit that are now months late!!!!!  That's if they'll turn up at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

That's a good idea.  I've still got three magazines (each mailed a month apart) in transit that are now months late!!!!!  That's if they'll turn up at all.

Yeah, everything is super slow at Post Canada 
We didn't want to piss people off, since I'm also waiting for packages for quite some time now and I know how much time it can takes to receive a package 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

We have decided to postpone the release a bit since Canada Post is so freakin slow these days
 

Yeah.

 

I ordered something in May 27th and it supposed to be delivered at June 19th.

 

Still waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the upcoming release. Any update on Math Quest?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NIAD said:

Congrats on the upcoming release. Any update on Math Quest?

 

Thanks!

Math Quest might be released at the same time as Energy Quiz because of all this Canada Post delays

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm certainly happy to see that there's a french option this time. I can't wait to add this to my growing CV "Edutainment" collection. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Very cool! I had no idea Sydney’s HQ was here in San Diego. That’s two 1980s game developers with SD headquarters (the other being Steven Stack of Red Sea Crossing [Atari]). Interestingly, each developer had at least one unpublished game. I only wish there were some remnants of their facilities or the stock, but sadly these are just spaces occupied by different tenants now. 
 

Edit: I see that it was Dataproducts, Inc. as the [presumed] developer. Still cool!

Edited by phattyboombatty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 12:23 AM, phattyboombatty said:

Very cool! I had no idea Sydney’s HQ was here in San Diego. That’s two 1980s game developers with SD headquarters (the other being Steven Stack of Red Sea Crossing [Atari]). Interestingly, each developer had at least one unpublished game. I only wish there were some remnants of their facilities or the stock, but sadly these are just spaces occupied by different tenants now.

More notably, Sega's North American operations were in San Diego for several years after they purchased Gremlin Industries.  Many early Sega coin-op and consumer games were developed there. 

http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/Sega_Electronics
 

 

On 7/20/2020 at 12:23 AM, phattyboombatty said:

Edit: I see that it was Dataproducts, Inc. as the [presumed] developer. Still cool!

Most if not all of Sydney's ColecoVision games (likely including Energy Quiz) were developed by Artech in Ottawa, ON.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the game-play video (and reading the game-play description), can anybody explain to me why the word "QUIZ" is in the title?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, doubledown said:

... can anybody explain to me why the word "QUIZ" is in the title?

The word ''QUIZ'' doesn't make any sense 
There's no quiz at all in the game :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

The word ''QUIZ'' doesn't make any sense 
There's no quiz at all in the game :lol:

 

Tournoi d'énergie (Energy tournament) makes more sense for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...