IGNORED

Ultrasatan Questions

Hello.

I have an Atari 1040STF. Many years ago i saved all my 150 games from the ST Disk to the ST-Image and MSA-Image and stored it on my server.

Now i want play with my Atari again and i bought an Ultrasatan.

But i have some questions.

1. Can i move all my games on the SD-Card and start it from the Ultrasatan?

2. Can i play with the Ultrasatan multiple disk games e.g. Elvira 2?

3. Which image format is supported by the Ultrasatan? ST- and MSA-Images?

4. If the Ultrasatan is not supporting the images how can i transfer my images to the Ultrasatan?

It's not about transferring images to the SD card, what UltraSatan uses. Files are easy to copy - when you have TOS/DOS compatible partitions.

And there is SW what can even run some of those images - if you have min 2 MB RAM:

http://atari.8bitchip.info/imgrun.php

But most will not work from hard disk, mass storage, UltraSatan.

Instead wasting time, get games adapted for hard disk usage. Surely you will find here many of those you made floppy images:

http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd2.php

• Like 1

But most will not work from hard disk, mass storage, UltraSatan.

Instead wasting time, get games adapted for hard disk usage. Surely you will find here many of those you made floppy images:

http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd2.php

Thanks for that link, I actually didn't know that was possible on the ST (i guess like whdload on the amiga?). From my brief search though, the site seems to imply they only work on Falcon and TT (I'm assuming because of ram requirements?). The OP has listed a 1040STFM, does it work on that?

Thanks for that link, I actually didn't know that was possible on the ST (i guess like whdload on the amiga?). From my brief search though, the site seems to imply they only work on Falcon and TT (I'm assuming because of ram requirements?). The OP has listed a 1040STFM, does it work on that?

There is table with columns: MinRAM, T1.04,T2.06,MSTE - does it look like TOS versions for Falcon, TT ? Min RAM is 1MB in most cases, so yes, it works on 1040STFM .

Considering used systems - there is something similar to WHDload by Amiga, but other systems are used too - like direct hard disk access with own code.

There is table with columns: MinRAM, T1.04,T2.06,MSTE - does it look like TOS versions for Falcon, TT ? Min RAM is 1MB in most cases, so yes, it works on 1040STFM .

Considering used systems - there is something similar to WHDload by Amiga, but other systems are used too - like direct hard disk access with own code.

Thanks, I must have misread the page, it was late here when I looked at that. Sadly both my ICD FAST and Megafile 30, as well as my memory upgrade for my 520STFM went bad in the 25 years in storage, so I'll need to tackle upgrading all that before I can give this a shot. (oh, and burn some new TOS images since that clearly went bad as well...sigh).

Edited by ngtwolf