IGNORED

Super Game Module 2

opcode

I signed up as an early adopter for now, but if it comes down to you needing more innovators and beta testers, or anything like that, I'm more than happy to help. I'll leave that up to you though. Looking forward to Opcode's big plans for this year & beyond, and also keeping the ColecoVision alive and well in 2019! Cheers

Thank you again for supporting this project and subscribing. We have got about 1/4 of the goal subscriptions so far, so we are in pretty good shape. So far this is the only place I have announced it, with Facebook and our email list to go next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Wow that pic looks amazing.. I think you captured exactly where Retro gaming should be. I love the idea of programmers making games with graphic sets much like the ones from back in the day. I can see so much potential for game creation when you are not forced to go 3D or some other kind of nonsense. Sprites are works of art, great sprites are masterpieces!

I can't really explain it but when I see something done in the real spirit of retro without ripping out its heart and soul, I just know it. I personally think you nailed it right on here. Now that you opened Pandora's Box, I am sure many of us would love to see more and more examples..

Opcode, do you know what kind of tool chains will be available? I am hoping for a good robust set that allows excellent seasoned programmers to talk right to the "iron" but also chains higher up all the way to new programmer levels.

• Like 3

Wow that pic looks amazing.. I think you captured exactly where Retro gaming should be. I love the idea of programmers making games with graphic sets much like the ones from back in the day. I can see so much potential for game creation when you are not forced to go 3D or some other kind of nonsense. Sprites are works of art, great sprites are masterpieces!

I can't really explain it but when I see something done in the real spirit of retro without ripping out its heart and soul, I just know it. I personally think you nailed it right on here. Now that you opened Pandora's Box, I am sure many of us would love to see more and more examples..

Opcode, do you know what kind of tool chains will be available? I am hoping for a good robust set that allows excellent seasoned programmers to talk right to the "iron" but also chains higher up all the way to new programmer levels.

First of all, thank you so much for the kind words. Really encourages me to keep going. :)

Btw, here is a short video I posted on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/opcodegames/videos/2244221599171317/

As for tools, I plan two things, but I must tackle one a time, otherwise nothing gets done.

First we will have the development kit for developers that want to publish for this. You should get a physical board that hooks to your PC and you can use that to load and test your games, but also offers integrated debugger on the PC. That should greatly facilitate development. The integrated development studio app offers C and assembly. And of course we should have tools for converting graphics and sound to the chipset format.

Eventually, and that is probably when and if we can get OMNI released, you could also offer a second setup with an easy to learn language that can create most of the game engine structure for you and end users would use that to create and share content.

• Like 2

Thank you! Really appreciate the support. We will post the early adopter thing on FB in the next couple of days, and I should be able to start sending newsletters shortly after that. Also waiting for Ted to sort out some technical issues he was having with his computer.

Ed

Hi

Just to be clear, will this SGM2 work on the new CollectorVision Phoenix?

Thanks

Common question, should add that to the FAQ. Unfortunately no because the Phoenix lacks the ColecoVision expansion port.

@Opcode

You are doing all of the right things to build the hype train.. it shows by people wanting to jump on, like me.

These bits of info with a high degree of frequency give us stuff to keep checking back on you for, that is the one of the magic formulas to buzz.

If more companies would do that, I think products would not suffer so much DOA.

I am looking forward to the Phoenix for classic and new enhanced Colecovision-esq and looking forward to Omni for neo-retro and other experiences. I can really see how both fit nicely into exactly where I am as a gamer today!

• Like 4

We are now well past the 100 early adopters mark, so it is time to start sending the newsletter. Thank you all subscribers. We are the people keeping the CV alive! Hope you enjoy the SGM2 as much as I am enjoying creating it and the games. :)

• Like 3

Common question, should add that to the FAQ. Unfortunately no because the Phoenix lacks the ColecoVision expansion port.

I see this as an opportunity more than a problem! Its strong justification to allow us to own both the original CV and the Phoenix....

**while talking to the significant other** "Sorry sweety, but I just have to have both. The Phoenix is only for SGM1 games and the regular coleco is the only one that works with the SGM2!" :grin:

• Like 1

So if i understand correctly lets take for example

The new Zaxxon game will be on a SGM2 cart that will plug into the SGM2 cartridge slot right?

And the SGM2 module is still using parts of the CV cpu do get work done?

Thanks!

Now that is a great nick.

That is all correct. In fact most arcades from the early 80s were just like that, 2 or 3 CPUs in parallel, each taking care of a subsystem.

Looks impressive. I've signed up as an early adopter. Were we supposed to get a conformation email or something?

My main concern was having a VGA modded Colecvision, but that set aside since it will have it's own AV, including RGB. Just curious as to how you are pulling that off.

Thank you! Really appreciate. You will see soon some videos of the actual hardware. :)

First issue of the newsletter was just sent. Check your spam box in case you don't see it. Also, you may want to add info [at] opcodegames [dot] com to your contact list to prevent future emails from going to spam.

Issue #1 is more of an introductory issue, so everybody understands what we are trying to accomplish with the SGM2.

• Like 4