IGNORED

Super Game Module 2

opcode

• 3 weeks later...
Just a thought but is it technically feasible and if so, would you consider making an SGM2 expansion for the Phoenix if the Omni doesn't happen?

Sorry, no. Omni will happen. Unless I am not around anymore, in which case it wouldn’t matter anymore anyway. And the effort would be similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Halloween!!!

A few remarks:

1) video was captured directly from a digital TV. Video from SGM2 was output in S-video format and upscaled by my Onkyo receiver. I did that because I needed the largest possible TV to be able to capture live footage. Unfortunately digital TVs introduce some artifacts, has a hard time with proper de-interlacing, remove scanlines, etc. Additionally, the glitch you see at around 58s was introduced by the video encoder, and wasn’t part of the original recording.
2) what you see was running on an unmodded ColecoVision with SGM2 rev 1 board, which means the ColecoVision CPU is doing all the processing (and the game runs at a solid 60fps)
3) while the soundtrack was added for dramatic effect, it represents the intended quality of the final audio
4) the video was captured in a single playing session and cut to make it shorter.

• Like 4

this looks AWESOME!  Can't wait!  Any way if we can tell that we're good to go on the SGM2 and controller preorder list?  I signed up for both, but there's really no confirmation.  I want to make sure i'm in line for the SGM2 so I can get my castlevania on!

I will send a SGM2 newsletter today, so you will know. If you don’t get it by tomorrow, please let me know. :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grips03 said:

Amazing. 

Does SGM2 support SGM games as well?

Yep, per the first post in the thread, the SGM2 is fully backwards-compatible with original SGM (or SGM1) games. Wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of original SGMs show up on eBay (at a discount) once the SGM2 is officially released!

If you have a wait list for Galaga and Zaxxon, I want on it also [emoji4].   

I saw earlier in the discussions about an option for hdmi.  I would also vote for that [emoji4]

Ken

HDMI requires a transmitter, so we are reserving that for Omni

Just want to pat Opcode on the back. I really hope SGM2 / Omni becomes a viable platform, because I was blown away by the demo for you know what. 

Thank you, thank you. Glad to know you like it, because i am surely having a lot of fun. :D

• Like 1