IGNORED

Super Game Module 2

opcode

Okay. Thanks for the info.

Yes, nick is correct. There is no difference in terms of what games both can play. Same chipset, same cartridges. But there will be a few differences in terms of AV out and controller ports.

The other thing is that OMNI won’t be out until late next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has a new newsletter been sent? I got the first one, but not this one.

Joe, are you having trouble subscribing? I see one of your emails bounced hard from another opcode list, not sure if that is blocking you from subscribing. Mailchimp can be really a pain with bounced emails.

I'm not sure what is going on...

I got the first newsletter addressed to my gmail address, but not the second.

I got the announcement for Xyzolog and Sweet Acorn to my comcast address.

Not sure what address might have bounced...was it either of those? I also have a Yahoo address or it could possibly be an old address I don't use anymore. If you have that info, please PM me.

thanks

Joe B.

Joe, are you having trouble subscribing? I see one of your emails bounced hard from another opcode list, not sure if that is blocking you from subscribing. Mailchimp can be really a pain with bounced emails.

I'm not sure what is going on...

I got the first newsletter addressed to my gmail address, but not the second.

I got the announcement for Xyzolog and Sweet Acorn to my comcast address.

Not sure what address might have bounced...was it either of those? I also have a Yahoo address or it could possibly be an old address I don't use anymore. If you have that info, please PM me.

thanks

Joe B.

I see 3 accounts in your name. You are receiving email throw 2 of them. 3rd one bounced: @sierraskinews.com.

However that is for the general Opcode list. I see that the first SGM2 Early Adopter newsletter was sent to the qbert email, but for some reason the email vanished from the list after that. Not even mail chimp knows the reason. I just added you back manually. :)

OK, thanks for adding the qbert email back in...

The @sierraskinews.com one doesn't exist anymore. That was my ski newspaper which I quit doing a couple of years ago.

I see 3 accounts in your name. You are receiving email throw 2 of them. 3rd one bounced: @sierraskinews.com.

However that is for the general Opcode list. I see that the first SGM2 Early Adopter newsletter was sent to the qbert email, but for some reason the email vanished from the list after that. Not even mail chimp knows the reason. I just added you back manually. :)

In case someone didn’t get the newsletter:

31dfabca812bdb9aa24389c08bfa18eb.jpg

We are on schedule. Ted is now working on the new controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, in this picture, is the graphics chip just sitting on top of the pc board, or is it mounted at an angle?

(I'm assuming the black square thing is the new graphics chip...)

So, in this picture, is the graphics chip just sitting on top of the pc board, or is it mounted at an angle?

(I'm assuming the black square thing is the new graphics chip...)

On Facebook (I think it was there) opcode said that he just set the chip there for the picture and it wasn't on the board yet.

On Facebook (I think it was there) opcode said that he just set the chip there for the picture and it wasn't on the board yet.

That is correct, I just took the picture the day I received the boards. And yes, that little guy is the video chip. :)

• Like 1

UPDATE: Ted Mayer now designing the Super Game Controller multiple toolings.

UPDATE2: Working on some demos for our first SGM2 PCB. I want to show what is so cool about our new video system, the background planes, the huge sprites and palettes, the SFX only the SGM2/OMNI can do (other than perhaps the SNES). I can't wait to see the kind of games gifted developers will be able to produce. I am especially interested in seeing content that is Atari era inspired by not constrained by all the limitations of that era, although diversity is the name of the game. We will make everything possible to facilitate access to dev kits and manufacturing. Developers won't have to worry about producing their own cartridges and even packaging, as we will provide all the facilities.

• Like 1

Hey Opcode, do you think you can do some future demos that show off some really basic stuff for us newer developers? I always loved the way the Commodore Vic 20 handled this, play the one game you have on cart or cassette and then when bored open up that user manual and learn BASIC. Have you decided which languages, other than just assembly, would be supported on your console? I am going to assume some type of C or C++ but anything that allows devs to go directly to the hardware and new devs to learn along the way is great.

Looking forward to your road map when you make it public that is..

I think demos that do simple stuff like.. hey here is how you:

1) put a sprite or object on the screen

2) move a sprite on the screen with the gamepad

3) add simple sound effects

4) make a gameplay field

Perhaps a few small / simple games that are heavily documented that bring it all together?

etc etc

I do however think your first ones should be the big flashy ones that allow the pro programmers to see what they can do with this new power they will be wielding.

In any case I think you got a good number of folks here who are interested in your new machine to grow and stretch their programming muscles.. which I think is a great thing.

Hey Opcode, do you think you can do some future demos that show off some really basic stuff for us newer developers? I always loved the way the Commodore Vic 20 handled this, play the one game you have on cart or cassette and then when bored open up that user manual and learn BASIC. Have you decided which languages, other than just assembly, would be supported on your console? I am going to assume some type of C or C++ but anything that allows devs to go directly to the hardware and new devs to learn along the way is great.

Looking forward to your road map when you make it public that is..

I think demos that do simple stuff like.. hey here is how you:

1) put a sprite or object on the screen

2) move a sprite on the screen with the gamepad

3) add simple sound effects

4) make a gameplay field

Perhaps a few small / simple games that are heavily documented that bring it all together?

etc etc

I do however think your first ones should be the big flashy ones that allow the pro programmers to see what they can do with this new power they will be wielding.

In any case I think you got a good number of folks here who are interested in your new machine to grow and stretch their programming muscles.. which I think is a great thing.

Hi!

In the future I want to have something anyone, even non-programmers, can use to create games. This year the kits will include C and assembly.

That is an interesting idea though, about the demos. Perhaps I can create some fully functional engines and share. That way others can use as well for their games.

Grazi just left to Brazil today. She took the SGM2 board with her, so the guys there should have it by next week. We will then see the first demos running on actual hardware. :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This is cool. First video of the prototype rev A board working, showing one of the singular SGM2 video capabilities.

*Note about the tilted font: I grabbed the graphic ROM from an arcade game and didn’t realize it was a vertical game until it was too late. Since this was just a quick video test, I didn’t bother looking for a horizontal font.

Next we move for the complete rev B board and games!!

post-1432-0-28936700-1554143446.png post-1432-0-37973200-1554143459.png post-1432-0-86035600-1554143466.png post-1432-0-41409600-1554143473.png post-1432-0-60988700-1554143481.png

And here is what I am talking about with the graphic enhanced modes (Galaga regular and enhanced):

post-1432-0-99367900-1554143498.png post-1432-0-19570500-1554143506.png

• Like 4

Those screenshots looks absolutely delicious :)

What is the output used to TV?

For the video above the SGM2 is outputting S-video. Of course we don't know if S-video will be present in the final board (although, why not). The content just doesn't make the video signal justice, since it is just some characters, but I will get way more interesting stuff once the board is here in my hands. Then we will see how the above games look. :)

Is that middle left one Xevious? I can see at least 3 games there that I will want to purchase. The Zaxxon screenshot looks especially gorgeous.

We have Xevious there, although it is middle right in my screen. Zaxxon should look even more gorgeous when it gets the enhanced graphics treatment. :)

• Like 1

For the video above the SGM2 is outputting S-video. Of course we don't know if S-video will be present in the final board (although, why not). The content just doesn't make the video signal justice, since it is just some characters, but I will get way more interesting stuff once the board is here in my hands. Then we will see how the above games look. :)

I see, well of course the more crispier the picture is on a modern tv/monitor the better :)

The existing Super Game Module works with both the standalone ADAM computer and the Expansion Module #3 ADAM computer. Is the Super Game Module 2 also going to work with the ADAM computer?

It is real awesome that the Super Game Module 2 is going to have native stereo sound for new games that use stereo instead of mono. A HDMI output on the Super Game Module 2 would be a awesome feature but it sounds like that feature is not going to be offered. I wish the existing RGB, S-Video, and composite video output on the Super Game Module 2 would work with the existing ColecoVision games. I do not like that the video outputs can only be used for exclusive Super Game Module 2 games.

The existing ColecoVision is 37 years old. Its too bad a ColecoVision 2 videogame console was not created with the Super Game Module 2 built in, and with native HDMI output for all existing ColecoVision games.

Edited by HDTV1080P