IGNORED

Feature request: Going to first unread post when revisiting a topic

rayik

When revisiting a ready topic you are taken to the first post of the page you select.

Some other forums take you to the first unread post when revisiting a topic (such as Assembler games). Can feature be added? It would make keeping up on topics easier.

Subscribing to a topic is not a good when looking at many topics as the update emails end up becoming spam like.

Thank you for considering

• 4 months later...

Is there a way to do this with the new redesign?  I am not seeing a link  or dot that will take me to the first unread post of the topic I am in.  The "Unread Content" button at the top seems to bring me to all unread content on the site or seems to encompass more than just the thread I am looking at.

Edited by Toth

2 minutes ago, Toth said:

Is there a way to do this with the new redesign?  I am not seeing a link  or dot that will take me to the first unread post of the topic I am in.  The "Unread Content" button at the top seems to bring me to all unread content on the site.

You want a "Jump to First Unread Post" link inside a thread? 

..Al

Yeah, like before when you would visit a topic on the right hand side it said something like "Go to first unread post" or something like that?  I can't remember the actual wording.  Clicking it would take me to the last post I saw from the last time I visited that thread.  It's nice for bookmarked threads.

Edited by Toth

Here's another view:

image.png.1925d3d2283e0a029139ae67a1074552.png

Although I don't see it when I choose My Activity Streams -> Content I posted in.  For that, I had to choose the expanded view and click on the time entry "13 mins ago"

image.png.69bf90ab20b9a927093da68fb72e71c1.png

There is an item in all activity streams (it seems) under Read Status that lets you choose to go to the first unread comment when clicking unread items:

image.png.9960dcc03b1ae9b71eb9547019bc83f1.png

23 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

You mean this? 

1576899613_Screenshot2019-06-17at09_39_47.jpg.fbfabeffce8c668f9f98680ce73ec98e.jpg

Yes, except that is just like one layer further out than I need or the way it was before. 

I have several threads bookmarked so when I visit the topic I see this (attachment) so there isn't a button to press.  In the old forum there was a text link just like that one you highlighted around the area I circled that you could click and get to the first unread post:

Atariage.thumb.png.e30ce88ad8ed75f965e213de3f80d161.png

It's not a big deal though.  I just thought maybe I was missing something.  Thanks!

Edited by Toth

16 minutes ago, Toth said:

I have several threads bookmarked so when I visit the topic I see this (attachment) so there isn't a button to press.  In the old forum there was a text link just like that one you highlighted around the area I circled that you could click and get to the first unread post:

I'll investigate to see if there's a way to add this back.

..Al

• Like 3

/\/\/\ The Star is not click-able if there are no unread posts.  So it works if you haven't read the latest in that thread, but if you've already read the latest, you have to click on the time in order to navigate to the end of the thread.

See here it is grayed out

image.png.2f2630e21bbafb601d5eae0d8b7d4894.png

While here I can click it

image.png.5ef78b360045a1c12a07b2d4daf3abfb.png