IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

I will now say this whenever Tursi puts out another game. "Lion up, people!"

Nobody's going to care about anything else I release, people only care about classics from the past being ported. ;)

Maybe SpaceACE next? Woot woot!! jk Tursi, I know you're done with licensed IP's

To this point, beyond the hassle of licensing (which wasn't /that/ bad in this case, just slow to get started), there's a lot less documentation on Space Ace than Dragon's Lair. The game engine certainly supports branching paths, and I like it a little more (more because it was the first one I saw in a home port). But without the beautiful documentation Dragon's Lair project put together I just can't see even bothering to attempt it.

Or someone else could do it. As I usually do, I did release all the tools necessary for someone else to do all the work. I'd be happy to license the engine for a reasonable fee. ;)

What I'd actually like to port is Time Gal, but that's got even less info available ;)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

What I'd actually like to port is Time Gal, but that's got even less info available ;)

I'd actually buy that. I mean, it is still an awkward and unfair laserdisk game, but I've got a soft spot for anime girls with green hair.
  • Like 1

Frankly, I don't give a rip about Dragon's Lair the game. I care about the author and the packaging. :)

I'd love to see a hardware/software project which incorporates a large fish bowl, a CRT, a curved mirror, and a port of Hologram Time Traveler to run on it. :)

For only $1,999, you too can play this on your TI!!! (By the way, that's about how much money I spent pumping quarters into that machine back in the day at FunPlex in Littleton, CO)

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

Glen did a super job demonstrating this product! Everyone's involvement shows what can be done to give life to a 40 year machine. Of course, like most products, we expect bugs, it's life! I just can't express how wonderful it is too see such talented work go on!! Thanks you Mr. T ...oh I can't wait for my F18.. lol

• Like 4

Frankly, I don't give a rip about Dragon's Lair the game. I care about the author and the packaging. :)

I'd love to see a hardware/software project which incorporates a large fish bowl, a CRT, a curved mirror, and a port of Hologram Time Traveler to run on it. :)

For only $1,999, you too can play this on your TI!!! (By the way, that's about how much money I spent pumping quarters into that machine back in the day at FunPlex in Littleton, CO)

I have a Time Traveler DVD, complete with red/blue glasses, lol

As I said before, I don't even have a TI, but I'd support any project like this.. great, great job.

The 128 MB cart would be interesting for other games. With that much memory you could pre-render almost anything. Imagine a 3D racing game where the road images are pre-rendered, or a space shooter where rotated 3D models are pre-rendered. That's just two ideas, but it's often possible to gain speed at the expense of memory use.

• Like 5

It is stock sound, too. No special hardware in the cart for sound.

I have many times wanted to add audio co-processing in the cart (not for DL, for other things), but there's no way to feed audio in through that port. Side port, sure. :)

• Like 2

The 128 MB cart would be interesting for other games. With that much memory you could pre-render almost anything. Imagine a 3D racing game where the road images are pre-rendered, or a space shooter where rotated 3D models are pre-rendered. That's just two ideas, but it's often possible to gain speed at the expense of memory use.

Myst was just pre-rendered stuff, with a point and click interface

I am hoping for a good turn-out at VCF. Acadiel told me he will be running his copy on an F18A-equipped console. Mine will be on both a TI monitor and projector, both running from the native composite 9918. I am brimming with excitement over this.

• Like 4

@Tursi For those of us who were just getting back into TI as this project and your licensing window were winding down... If enough of us pre-comitted or even pre-paid, could you buy enough licensing to do one more run? So bummed I missed this one.

No, sorry, I have other things I would rather put my time into. I don't care for the business side of things, and I am grateful to no longer be getting up an hour early every day to go to the post office before work. ;)

If someone else wanted to buy the blank PCBs and could show me they had a license to manufacture, I'd help them set up. But it's not a trivial task and it would involve not only licensing and up-front cash to Digital Leisure, but hardware modification of a TI console, acquisition of a CF7 drive, and a couple hundred hours of cartridge programming. (You'd also need to order your own packaging as, except for the postcards, I'm out. ;) )

• Like 1