IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

Comparing games that were manufactured 30 years ago with games that were manufactured, quite literally, last week, is not comparing apples to apples. Nobody has yet tested the used market for Dragon's Lair TI. People shouldn't support the stupid prices. You should expect to pay slightly more, right now, but 3 to 4 to 5 times the value should be laughed off of EBay.

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree with Tursi, here; this is like the NES Mini; it's a cool piece to have, and in its way technically impressive, and having a limited supply of them makes them more valuable, but in the end, it's more of an awesome novelty than anything and in no way worth the insane prices that scalpers would charge for it - the original asking price or slightly more than that, sure, definitely, but not anything exponentially more than that.

I'm not going to give mine up for anything, but if I were Tursi, just for laughs, since he made it and everything, maybe he could put up a single cartridge for a starting bid of $500.00 to help recoup some of his development costs... someone with more money than common sense might go for it. That might be a fun and entertaining auction to watch.

• Like 1

Comparing games that were manufactured 30 years ago with games that were manufactured, quite literally, last week, is not comparing apples to apples. Nobody has yet tested the used market for Dragon's Lair TI. People shouldn't support the stupid prices. You should expect to pay slightly more, right now, but 3 to 4 to 5 times the value should be laughed off of EBay.

You're new to this aren't you? Charlie Brown and Pink Panther were prototypes that some homebrew authors made runs of in small numbers a couple of years ago. Now they go for hundreds of dollars on any platform just like the game you put out 1 week ago. That said, apples to apples... already two whom purchased DL99 say they won't part with them for any less than several hundred dollars. You wanna laugh them off eBay yet?

Btw, when are there going to be a flood of these offered again to where the prices are going to be so low? I still haven't heard that answer. From what I can see it will be never and that said now any one that hits eBay will be 1 of only a few ever parted with from collectors hands and that means high dollars period. Someone will always pay a premium to add it to their collection.

Tursi has made it clear over and over this is a limited run, why it is, and he has washed his hands of the project now it is in the hands of those who ordered. I really do not see any benefit to continuing to argue over it, in particular since the argument will undoubtedly take this thread off-topic. There are much better threads and subs for discussion of the economics of the retro game trade.

• Like 12

Got my bare copy of Dragon's Lair and it's awesome, but I certainly want to protect it!

I'm trying to get it into a cartridge shell I got from arcadeshopper. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to get the door back on correctly. Anybody have any tips (or can point me to any tips for re-assembling the cartridge shells)?

For new projects other people could do, I was researching Faceball 2000 (aka Midi Maze), since my boyfriend was fascinated by the GB version through an LP of it online, and I saw that there was a prototype made for it on the Atari 8-bit consoles, so that would be an interesting game to port, for those who want a FPS on the TI.

Got my bare copy of Dragon's Lair and it's awesome, but I certainly want to protect it!

I'm trying to get it into a cartridge shell I got from arcadeshopper. Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to get the door back on correctly. Anybody have any tips (or can point me to any tips for re-assembling the cartridge shells)?

As is normally the case when I make such requests, I figured it out within minutes of posting!

• Like 3

The dust cover? It is not needed toss it and the spring. If you REALLY need it i can take pictures how it goes together. I shipped it that way. Basically the spring ends sit in the two slots on one end and it is held in by the case. If it binds up when you are assembling it push the door in a bit and it should drop in its place

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The dust cover? It is not needed toss it and the spring. If you REALLY need it i can take pictures how it goes together. I shipped it that way. Basically the spring ends sit in the two slots on one end and it is held in by the case. If it binds up when you are assembling it push the door in a bit and it should drop in its place

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yes, it's a tricky little thing, but I both wanted the case to be as authentic as possible and give such a rare item the greatest possible protection.

• Like 2

It would definitely be entertaining to watch, but I'm not dumping mine. I'll just pass it down to my kids to let them ebay it in 20 or so years for thousands of dollars :) My son (13) knows how valuable it could potentially be, so I'm teaching him early. But for now, I'd just love to get through the dang thing once outside of Practice mode!

I'm not going to give mine up for anything, but if I were Tursi, just for laughs, since he made it and everything, maybe he could put up a single cartridge for a starting bid of $500.00 to help recoup some of his development costs... someone with more money than common sense might go for it. That might be a fun and entertaining auction to watch.

Edited by jonecool

Is there any way we can edit the first post to indicate that sales are closed?

FYI - M@ helped me out with one of my topics by telling me that if you become a subscriber then you can edit post #1 which will let you edit the Topic title.

So you can decide to do that or maybe a moderator with rights can assist.