IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

The ROM file is available. So it would be possible to burn a copy of it to put it into a cartridge board for you. That would get you the cartridge, but it would not be one of the originals with the Retroclouds labels.

You could also load the BIN file into a FlashROM99 or FinalGROM99 cartridge and run it that way, assuming you have either of those.

Look in the FlashROM99 BIN file thread for the pitfall file if the latter options are available to you--and if you need a physical cartridge, I can provide the parts (including a programmed EPROM) so that you can roll your own.

I do have a FG99 - where can I d/l the bin file? Right now, I only have the .bin's from the WHT ftp file. I'm sure there's lots of other good FG99 compatible .bin files out there including Pitfall...

How about the fg99 roms thread here nope it's not there.. Weird it's here https://atariage.com/forums/topic/158467-Pitfall!-binaries-and-source-code

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Will check that out tonight. the readme on that zip shows the .bin as being for Classic99 emulator, but will that automatically work on the FG99 also? On that note...I noticed the other thread said FG99 ones will not run on FlashRom99. Is the reverse also true? .bin files for older FR99 wouldn't work on my FG99?

Will check that out tonight. the readme on that zip shows the .bin as being for Classic99 emulator, but will that automatically work on the FG99 also? On that note...I noticed the other thread said FG99 ones will not run on FlashRom99. Is the reverse also true? .bin files for older FR99 wouldn't work on my FG99?

All fr99 roms work on fg99 fg99 has 1mb memory and grom support so bigger roms work that won't fit on fr99 (32k max)

ROM bins for classic 99 and cartridge board roms work on both. Within the memory restriction on fr99.. GROM files only work on fg99

Why would I send you there if it wouldn't work?

All fr99 roms work on fg99 fg99 has 1mb memory and grom support so bigger roms work that won't fit on fr99 (32k max)

ROM bins for classic 99 and cartridge board roms work on both. Within the memory restriction on fr99.. GROM files only work on fg99

Why would I send you there if it wouldn't work?

That was just the info I was looking for on the .bin files -- thank you! As to why you would send me there if it wouldn't work...technical-SM? ;) Kidding - you've been super helpful since my return to TI! This was more my brain wanting to know if all .bin files were equal (minus size and the GROM specific ones, of course).

About the only thing you have to pay attention to on ROM BIN files is the file order. Some are in Inverted format (generally ending in a 9 (or in some cases a 3)), and others (generally the newer ones) aren't inverted and usually end in an 8. There are tools to change the file order too--so you can usually get most of them working without major issues.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So, I went to list the beta cart on Ebay, figuring the holiday was a good time for it! But it turns out EBay doesn't like betas. (Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that. I can't fake it, the cart blatantly says 'beta' on it ;) ). Anyway.. where are people selling betas these days?

I don't have any good suggestions for alternatives but I did encounter this same problem 4-5 years ago.  Ebay's current policy concerning selling 'beta' software (if I comprehend it correctly) is related to early copies of /software/ that are distributed for testing and related purposes.  I seem to recall this stemmed from or was brought into focus by people selling (and probably still selling, if they can get away with it) early test versions of upcoming retail games and keys.  

Of course, this is mostly a moot point given ebay didn't like your auction, unless there was some way for you to list it that falls within ebay's interpretation of the policy.   (In my case, I was able to rework the listing)

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/academic-beta-oem-software-policy?id=4288

You might have to appeal it with eBay and send in supporting documentation that the physical item is not just yours but the IP is yours, or licensed as the case may be.  Beta or not, it seems ridiculous that you cannot post up something that is genuinely yours.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tursi said:

This site has all the people that matter, but an auction seems like a pain in the butt. Unless this fancy new server has a module for that? ;)

I've seen a few silent auctions do well on the forums.  Where you list an item with a starting bid and tell people to PM you their highest possible bid.  And highest bid gets it. That's a simple way to do it, and you can at least list it at a price you're willing to let it go for, and then if it gets a higher amount, that's always a good thing, too!

I was one of the ones who heard about the project two days after everything was over and done with.  Lord knows I have been trying to get a used copy, but I don't recall seeing this ever come up on eBay. I must be looking in the wrong spots!

8 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

I'd like to see an online "Trading Post" only accessible by Stuart's Internet Browser.  This way - ONLY - 99 fans could make deals away from the peeking eyes of speculators.   What goes on in the Trading Post, stays in the Trading Post. ?

The dark Web? ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...