IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

I got up super early Thursday to see this great news.

I want to do a special display for Midwest Gaming Classic Apr 11-13.

The staff there are mostly of an age to remember laser disc games in the 80s and Dragon's Lair is the flagship.

We have never had a working laserdisc on the show floor, that I can recall, in more than 10 years, but we talk

about Super Don Quixote, Mach 3, Thayer's Quest, and the most elusive Esh's Aurunmilla.

Edited by FarmerPotato
  • Like 2

This is amazing. How long has this been in production? Screenshots?

It's been pecked at for a long time. Like, a really long time. Starting with my image converter, which evolved into a video converter. Once the video converter was proven, a laserdisc game was the next logical step. ;) I found prototype parts for the flash in China a few years ago and released a proof of concept video in 2015. A few months after that I found out about the ZX version actually getting a license, and that's when I got really serious. But the main work of actually making the game has been largely over the past year.

• Like 6

It's been pecked at for a long time. Like, a really long time. Starting with my image converter, which evolved into a video converter. Once the video converter was proven, a laserdisc game was the next logical step. ;) I found prototype parts for the flash in China a few years ago and released a proof of concept video in 2015. A few months after that I found out about the ZX version actually getting a license, and that's when I got really serious. But the main work of actually making the game has been largely over the past year.

Wow. Just wow. Seriously impressive. I wish I could afford to buy one right now, but things are a bit tight. Any plans on future LD games?

Hopefully we can stop the "pm sent" messages, so I can start putting status updates here like I promised without them getting buried. Besides, not much reason to, because I've reached index 100!

Basically, if you don't already have a number, you can still be added to the list but it's a lot more questionable whether I will get to you. The fact that we have got here in less than two days however, confirms that I will not be shipping multiple copies to people. One copy each. My apologies for that - if I were less limited by time and cost I would not restrict it, and I don't expect to restrict my /own/ productions in the future in the same way.

I've got a little more work to do before I send out the first invoices, but I hope to do that this weekend. I will post here each time I send out a set of invoices (with the numbers) so you can get an idea how close you are to being hit up, and it's really going to be based on how quickly I can build the carts.

• Like 12

Man, if only 1989 me knew how excited a tonne of people would be for a new TI 99/4A game in 2019. Not that you could have convinced me of such a thing. Much less that said game would look like this.

We live in remarkable times.

Never have I been more eager to part with a significant quantity of money.

• Like 2