IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

So far as scoring goes, in easy mode the 47 point bonus for starting a scene is omitted, but otherwise inputs and thus scoring possibilities are the same as in hard. (Practice awards zero points). There are also a couple of scenes with very short branches (mostly early-outs) wherein one branch is worth more than the other. Also, scoring on some scenes differs between the two mirrored paths - this means that in Home mode your maximum score depends on the randomly chosen reflections. Of course, in Arcade mode you have to play them both anyway, so that adds maximum scoring potential.

Glad people are enjoying it. I'd love to watch people play if anyone's doing any streaming or videos.

• Like 4

Glad people are enjoying it. I'd love to watch people play if anyone's doing any streaming or videos.

Once I get a little more practice I might make a video. Otherwise, I am just memorializing my embarrassment.

I have considered doing a stream of people playing it at VCF-SE. Would need to put together some equipment and clear it with the organization, first.

Once my invoice is sent and game is received, I'll definitely be making a video of the gameplay and detailed review (picked up a new video capture device just for this game, mostly). Can't wait to get my hands on it, I think you're getting close to my #59.

So far as scoring goes, in easy mode the 47 point bonus for starting a scene is omitted, but otherwise inputs and thus scoring possibilities are the same as in hard. (Practice awards zero points). There are also a couple of scenes with very short branches (mostly early-outs) wherein one branch is worth more than the other. Also, scoring on some scenes differs between the two mirrored paths - this means that in Home mode your maximum score depends on the randomly chosen reflections. Of course, in Arcade mode you have to play them both anyway, so that adds maximum scoring potential.

• Like 2

Once I get a little more practice I might make a video. Otherwise, I am just memorializing my embarrassment.

I have considered doing a stream of people playing it at VCF-SE. Would need to put together some equipment and clear it with the organization, first.

I’ll have my stock console there with my copy, so you don’t need to bring an extra. Will also bring a durable joystick and my TI PI just in case we need to do anything.

• Like 1

I’ll have my stock console there with my copy, so you don’t need to bring an extra. Will also bring a durable joystick and my TI PI just in case we need to do anything.

Cool. As I did with the mega-demo previous years, I was thinking about running it on the board-mounted system to show there are not tricks up the sleeve :)

You might need to attach a chain to the cartridge too--you definitely don't want that one to walk off on its own. . .

As much as I loath to think of this as a possibility, the security wonk in me has seriously considered this potential.

I am also going to show my TheC64 Mini, and if the clear key-caps arrive in time I will show off my clear-cased Amiga 1200, again.

I used to possess a talent for circumventing such security measures...

Hence the expression; Locks are for honest people.

P.S. I couldn't afford one! :twisted:

Yes, I enjoy this maxim as well, with the suffix ", but there is no reason to make it easy for the dishonest."

• Like 2

I've been giving some thought to opening a Dragon's Lair secure storage facility...
Who wants to be the first to Donate their module????? :-D

Features may include:

* Immediate notification if your module becomes damaged or unplayable for any reason.

* Your module will be immediately available for return... as long a there always remains one module in the facility...(for security calibration purposes).

* continuous burn-in assures that your module will be well tempered to harsh environmental conditions.

* Reverse engineering provided free of charge!

* Free data bakup and archiving.

* Tobacco-smoke-free environment.

P.S. I LV my customers!

• Like 6

Wow, that is highly technically impressive. I was already sorta impressed by the game quality of the TI compared to what I remember of my old Atari 2600 (comparing similar games between them), but this is fantastic. How did you manage to get all that data crammed into it without much loss of quality?

• Like 1

Wow, that is highly technically impressive. I was already sorta impressed by the game quality of the TI compared to what I remember of my old Atari 2600 (comparing similar games between them), but this is fantastic. How did you manage to get all that data crammed into it without much loss of quality?

A massive cartridge. :) The cart has 128 megabytes of ROM space available.

• Like 1