IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

• 3 weeks later...

Just one last post before this fades away, I've posted the promised story of how it was put together. I experimentally did it using Google Slides, and I'm not sure I love the feel of it, but all the information is there and I think everything I've ever been asked should be presented there.

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1u7SOusjQDInq95GrEH2tmIphUAjRg-9YbhR_X25D62A

• Like 16

Just one last post before this fades away, I've posted the promised story of how it was put together. I experimentally did it using Google Slides, and I'm not sure I love the feel of it, but all the information is there and I think everything I've ever been asked should be presented there.

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1u7SOusjQDInq95GrEH2tmIphUAjRg-9YbhR_X25D62A

This is a great presentation, but when try to watch one of the videos is says "You need permission to view this video [Request access]".

Edited by Asmusr

Please do... that just increases the value of the rest of them ;)

I really hope people aren't just sitting on these, un-opened and un-played, in the hopes that they will be able to eventually flip them on eBay for a high price. A homebrew game like this is meant to played and appreciated! :thumbsup: :) It always frustrates me to see the people who have bought a copy of a limited release just to sit on it as it deprives someone else who actually wanted to PLAY the game... :_(

Actually, I would say that a good number of the people who bought these bought them to play--not to collect, although some of us do both. . .and the number sold wasn't limited so much as the time period to make the order. Pretty much anyone who had the funds during the availability period and wanted to buy got one. The problems were really later, once sales had closed and then there were a few who decided they wanted one too late to get one (or they found out too late, but were in the same boar).

I know I have fun playing with mine--and the box is carefully protected in my collection too. :)

• Like 1

Actually, I would say that a good number of the people who bought these bought them to play--not to collect, although some of us do both.

I didn't mean to "collect" I mean to "flip." We see it so much in the homebrew community. You'll have a certain number of people buying up limited homebrew releases specifically to flip on eBay to sell to those who missed the deadline or didn't have the funds at that time. I've seen ColecoVision releases go for hundreds of dollars and the original homebrewer doesn't get to see a penny of that for all their hard work. It's unfortunate and there's nothing really anyone can do about it since once a homebrewer stop producing copies it then just becomes a sellers market to the one with the deepest pockets. And IMO, it's one thing if you bought a copy to legit play, and then later down the road you're not into said console or computer as much and you decide to sell off your collection, but those who buy specifically for flipping just frustrate me, that's all...

• Like 1

I really hope people aren't just sitting on these, un-opened and un-played, in the hopes that they will be able to eventually flip them on eBay for a high price. A homebrew game like this is meant to played and appreciated! :thumbsup: :) It always frustrates me to see the people who have bought a copy of a limited release just to sit on it as it deprives someone else who actually wanted to PLAY the game... :_(

I'm one of those who ordered extra copies at the end, and I'm happy to report that we often had 2 players at once at Midwest Gaming Classic (this is a really high foot traffic event.)

We still have people excited to see the Pitfall cartridge. Philip was gracious enough to allocate two of them for our show, out of the original sales run.

• Like 3

The problems were really later, once sales had closed and then there were a few who decided they wanted one too late to get one (or they found out too late, but were in the same boar).

Less than a half dozen, and only two were rude. It was a much better experience than my past projects.

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 4

I am not going to spark a conversation or discussion about the perceptions of collectors vs. players, etc. Already been hashed more than once and in appropriate threads. Insofar as my purchase is concerned, I bought one for myself to play, exhibit, and collect. The latter if only because once I meet my demise, someone I leave behind may be able to gain something from it, whether monetarily or sentimentally.

I'm one of those who ordered extra copies at the end, and I'm happy to report that we often had 2 players at once at Midwest Gaming Classic (this is a really high foot traffic event.)

We still have people excited to see the Pitfall cartridge. Philip was gracious enough to allocate two of them for our show, out of the original sales run.

I bought an extra at the end for the VCF-SE contest, and it went to someone who greatly appreciates both the TI and the wizardry which went into the game. Pitfall is also a big hit at VCF the past couple of years.

Pitfall was super well done. I'm still waiting for Pitfall 2 ;)

Oh, hell, yes, please!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Did he bring any for sale? No, it's really sold out.

Do I know how to rotate a gallery image??? the answer is obvious.

I'm going to need to take a look at your photo pass... ;)

I'll put the Beta up on EBay in about a week when I get back from overseas, it's been long enough.

• Like 2

I've not even played mine yet. Still in the box. I generally use emulation - and haven't done that in a while either. I suck.

I used to say I could have shipped bricks to the Jaguar community for the number of Skunkboard owners who said that... ;)

• Like 3

I am not going to spark a conversation or discussion about the perceptions of collectors vs. players, etc. Already been hashed more than once and in appropriate threads. Insofar as my purchase is concerned, I bought one for myself to play, exhibit, and collect. The latter if only because once I meet my demise, someone I leave behind may be able to gain something from it, whether monetarily or sentimentally.

I bought an extra at the end for the VCF-SE contest, and it went to someone who greatly appreciates both the TI and the wizardry which went into the game. Pitfall is also a big hit at VCF the past couple of years.

Oh, hell, yes, please!!

How do I get my hands on Pitfall?