IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

Hey Buddy,
how about releasing a second batch of Dragon’s Lair for the TI-99/4A?
Is there anyone else who would be glad about that?

Kind Regards
Sid1968

BTW: I preorder one from 2nd Batch. [emoji846]
His license expired.

There is no second batch

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Correct. For there to be a second batch:

- someone else needs to negotiate and pay for the license from Digital Leisure - note that this likely includes a minimum quantity up front

- the packing materials need to be redesigned (I don't know exactly what, but the license holders noted any new version needs something changed ;) )
- someone else needs to pay for the packing materials (labels and boxes and insets)
- someone else needs to buy the raw programmed PCBs from me wholesale

- someone else needs to assemble the carts (including sourcing their own shells), sell them, and distribute them

I am willing to help with contacts and introductions, and the programming of the PCBs. I have enough blank PCBs to do a fairly good sized run. However I won't do anything without license in hand.

I still wouldn't mind a Space Ace, but the detailed information on the scenes that made Dragon's Lair possible don't seem to be available, just very vague walk-throughs.

All that said, I still have a handful that I'll toss up on Ebay from time to time. I was planning to list one this weekend when time permits.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Tursi said:

Correct. For there to be a second batch:

- someone else needs to negotiate and pay for the license from Digital Leisure - note that this likely includes a minimum quantity up front

- the packing materials need to be redesigned (I don't know exactly what, but the license holders noted any new version needs something changed ;) )
- someone else needs to pay for the packing materials (labels and boxes and insets)
- someone else needs to buy the raw programmed PCBs from me wholesale

- someone else needs to assemble the carts (including sourcing their own shells), sell them, and distribute them

I am willing to help with contacts and introductions, and the programming of the PCBs. I have enough blank PCBs to do a fairly good sized run. However I won't do anything without license in hand.

I still wouldn't mind a Space Ace, but the detailed information on the scenes that made Dragon's Lair possible don't seem to be available, just very vague walk-throughs.

All that said, I still have a handful that I'll toss up on Ebay from time to time. I was planning to list one this weekend when time permits.

Thank you thats a good start. The project should stay in your hands.

Here is a suggestion: Since the second batch must get financed, you/we could ask in this forum who wants a Dragon's Lair Version of the second batch.

If only 3 people want it, the project is burried. But... maybe there are many more interested forum members. This is the first step finding out the demand.

If there are enough persons for a second batch, these people should go in prepayment, so that you have no financial risk.

17 hours ago, Sid1968 said:

Here is a suggestion: Since the second batch must get financed, you/we could ask in this forum who wants a Dragon's Lair Version of the second batch.

If only 3 people want it, the project is burried. But... maybe there are many more interested forum members. This is the first step finding out the demand.

I think you've missed the point of my list, which was "someone else". ;) I don't want to do it. I build software, I'd much rather someone else was the distributor.

• Like 1

I read that "someone else", buddy. ;-)

Maybe you should talk with this guys from canada:

Doublesidedgames

They distribute NEW Games for VIC-20 and C64 too. For example "L’Abbaye des morts" for C64 and

"Realms of Quest V" for the VIC-20 are distributed titles. Its a very interesting company.

In this video from a few days ago the Doublesidedgames-Team is guest at the well known AmigaBill

introducing they newest games. "Black Dawn" for the Amiga and "Vegetables Deluxe" for C64 an Amiga.

Edited by Sid1968

Reading between the lines, I get the feeling Tursi means that if you want this product so badly to go into a second production run, he doesnt want any part of the promotion or negotiation process. (I get the feeling the last cycle took it all out of them?) That would include reaching out to another publisher; They are implying very strongly that they would like for one of us to do that instead. *shrug*

I generally suggest that people not try to read between the lines for me - I try to write what I mean. Looking for hidden meanings gets confusing as a result. ;)

I've moved on to other projects so I don't want to spend time going back to this one again. It was fun to do the impossible, but I only have so much time. :)

(or maybe ALLLLL my messages have deep hidden meanings that only the finest cryptographers will find... muhahahaha!!)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tursi said:

I generally suggest that people not try to read between the lines for me - I try to write what I mean. Looking for hidden meanings gets confusing as a result. ;)

I've moved on to other projects so I don't want to spend time going back to this one again. It was fun to do the impossible, but I only have so much time. :)

(or maybe ALLLLL my messages have deep hidden meanings that only the finest cryptographers will find... muhahahaha!!)

I understand that. But if you want that "someone else" should do it, why not another distributer. Dragons Lair should not get burried. It deserves to survive.

Edited by Sid1968

2 hours ago, Tursi said:

I once had a good laugh when I learned that Nik Kershaw's hit song "The Riddle" contains, as he explicitly stated, meaningless lyrics from start to end, only intended as a rhythmic support for the melody that was once intended as an instrumental. But this did not hinder people to conceive all kinds of mystic interpretations. Good luck with "blessings of Babylon". :-D

• Like 1

No reading between the lines necessary.  If you go back through this thread you will read quite clearly Tursi's stance on another run and even sequels.  In short: this project is finished, gotov, fertig, finito, gatavas, ferdig, terminado, terminat.  All of the tools he used to create this release are freely available and he has blessed these tools to be used by anyone who wants to create their own release.  If someone wants a Space Ace or whatever for the TI-99/4A he has provided everything needed to do so.  The recipe is there: bring your own ingredients.

Dragon's Lair will survive and not be buried.  Why should he who lit the fire be required to carry the torch?

• Like 1