IGNORED

Dragon's Lair is sold out!

Tursi

13 hours ago, Albert said:

I'd be glad to help secure a licensing agreement for another run of Dragons's Lair, as well as helping with physical production of the boxes, manuals, labels and other items required, PCBs, and so forth. I would need to know the details of the original agreement as well as information regarding production of the first run and how many copies we'd be shooting for with a new run. 

..Al

I have some experience at this sort of thing too... negotiating with Infocom all of those years ago was eye-opening.  If you need any help let me know.

Rebecca

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

At this point I'm not planning to do anything so I'm not looking for assistance. Rather, if it's going to happen, it's the other way around. Someone else will do all the work and secure my assistance in building the final product. ;)

That said, I'll happily chat with you if you want to, Al. ;)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/23/2021 at 8:23 AM, VicViper said:

If it does happen, I'd put my money behind a copy?

2 hours ago, whoami999ster said:

please count me on that list... 

1 hour ago, Pheonix said:

If he does another run, I'd want one too :)

Who among us shall step forward and accept the task?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Who among us shall step forward and accept the task?

I am, but I cannot do that until I get the current wave of games I am working on adding to the AtariAge Store finished. Which will be pretty soon.  I'd say in January I will be in a better position to move forward, and I'm happy to put money into this project up front to make more copies available for those who want them.  It's pretty amazing that this exists on the TI-99/4A at all (and I did get to see it in person and was awestruck at the talent required in order to pull this off!)

..Al

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Albert said:

I am, but I cannot do that until I get the current wave of games I am working on adding to the AtariAge Store finished. Which will be pretty soon.  I'd say in January I will be in a better position to move forward, and I'm happy to put money into this project up front to make more copies available for those who want them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Albert said:

I am, but I cannot do that until I get the current wave of games I am working on adding to the AtariAge Store finished. Which will be pretty soon.  I'd say in January I will be in a better position to move forward, and I'm happy to put money into this project up front to make more copies available for those who want them.  It's pretty amazing that this exists on the TI-99/4A at all (and I did get to see it in person and was awestruck at the talent required in order to pull this off!)

..Al

That said, I guess I better figure out if I still know how to program all those carts ;)

Were there any bugfixes that needed to sneak in there? ;)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tursi said:

Were there any bugfixes that needed to sneak in there? ;)

I was wondering if you were thinking about this.  ISTR you mentioned something before about something you would have done differently, or something.  Something like that, you know?

Hey, @Albert, is this something you would have in the AtariAge store?

38 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Hey, @Albert, is this something you would have in the AtariAge store?

That would be the plan, unless the parties involved did not want it in the store for some reason.  I'm also working on a shiny new store that will be much nicer than the software I'm currently using. I'm working on updating the forum software to the latest version (which has some interesting new features) first. Once that's done (soon), I'll be working on getting the new store online. 

..Al

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

Was a manual not included with the initial release?  I'm big on doing nice manuals for games I publish.

..Al

no the manual was not present, I had started to work on it but if you make your own then I will abandon my project.

Edited by ti99iuc

5 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

no the manual was not present, I had started to work on it but if you make your own then I will abandon my project.

Manuals are, by far, the most time consuming element to develop as far as boxes, manuals, labels, and other materials go.  I'd be glad to work with you to create a manual.  Writing the initial round of text can be a lot of effort, depending on the complexity of the game and if any extra material is added.  For Dragon's Lair, it would be fun to include a section related to development of the game.

..Al

• Like 1