IGNORED

I think we can safely say that Nintendo no longer censors content

Flojomojo

<advisory: don't be a dick or the thread will be locked>

Remember the "Nintendo Seal of Quality"? Where they would change crop tops and crosses and blood to other less controversial things?

We had the feces-and-religion-filled Binding of Isaac at Switch launch and on New 3DS. I guess Bayonetta has a lot of T&A for a Nintendo game.

Now there's "Fight of Gods" on the Switch eShop. I'm not sure whether I'm disgusted at their lack of taste, or impressed by their courage. There's usually an angry mob surrounding this kind of thing.

By all accounts, this is a bad game https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/fight-of-gods

and we certainly saw it coming, based on the Steam version

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-04-jesus-beats-up-buddha-in-awful-looking-fighting-game-fight-of-gods

It's not my cup of tea, but I wonder if this has any fans? Maybe it's "so bad it's good" in a kind of Kasumi Ninja double backflip kind of way.

• Like 2

Huh this is what you're standing on for content censorship as an example?

How about DOA Volleyball Scarlet? That one has all the fully enable tits and ass jiggle that Sony censored out of the game, and even ups the ante popping off the joycons so you can play with each corresponding boob with a joy con, brings new meaning to joy con.

• Like 1

Oh, that's a thread with a definite happy end potential. Wonder how many posts before somebody says "SJW"? :)

But, yeah, these days nobody cares about the likes of Binding Of Isaac or some Z-list fighting game. The current narrative is all about how Sony is the Big Bad Censor wolf and Ninty a free speech guerilla and it's strictly about le sex.

Personally, I don't know, it's a super murky territory and I find it hard to form a definitive opinion. On one hand, censorship and banning are crude tools and probably best avoided. Sony is definitely looking a bit silly asking to remove the "jiggle" in some games (pathetic as that mechanism itself is, of course). But then they also refused some rather creepy "games" with lolicon/harrasment and that asshole PUA's seducing game, perhaps making the world a bit better place in turn. So, yeah...hell knows.

Huh this is what you're standing on for content censorship as an example?

How about DOA Volleyball Scarlet? That one has all the fully enable tits and ass jiggle that Sony censored out of the game, and even ups the ante popping off the joycons so you can play with each corresponding boob with a joy con, brings new meaning to joy con.

lol, for real? what times we live in!

Umm what rock did you climb out from under? Nothing, is a step back from the WiiU, that thing is an atrocity.

lol, for real? what times we live in!

I'm dead serious look: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/dead_or_alive_xtreme_3_scarlets_first_trailer_shows_exclusive_soft_4d_joy-con_feature_on_switch

I'll quote this part of the article: "Just in case the scantily clad frolicking in general isn't quite enough for you, a new 'Soft 4D' engine has been added especially for Nintendo Switch. Using the Switch's HD Rumble, players will be able to interact with the girls on screen in new ways; apparently, the engine has been designed with the aim of "providing various jiggles" to work in tandem with the visuals on screen. Is it getting hot in here?"

About 45-50sec into the provided clip 2 joycons popup and says Soft 4D and then you see how the interaction works. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, more so at Sony given what they allowed for in the God of War trilogy, and somehow this is awful.