Sign in to follow this  
atrax27407

Help in converting EA5 Files to a .bin

You can do it by hand with a hex editor, if you use TI99Dir to extract the file to a PC file and strip off the 128 byte header at the start.

I had to add a "9" to the filename to get it to run in Classic 99:

MunchManBeta3_9.bin

Yes--early on, inverted images ended with a 3 and non-inverted images ended with an 8. This led to some confusion, as he chips for both types had a 3 in them. The current standarf is to use a 9 to indicate inverted files on a 73LS379-type board, and an 8 for non-inverted files on a 74LS378-type board. The 8 files will also work on a 74LS377-type board without modification.

• Like 1

The filename is also only important if you ask Classic99 to autodetect, instead of specifying the cartridge type in the INI.

• Like 1

A lot of modern laptops don't have a Scroll Lock key on the keyboard.That is something that is needed if you are going to use Classic99 to covert EA5 files to .bin files. There is a work-around. In Windows 7 and higher, type "osk" (without the quotes) in the search bar and an on board system keyboard will appear which allows you to turn off/on the scroll lock by selecting the appropriate key.

A lot of modern laptops don't have a Scroll Lock key on the keyboard.That is something that is needed if you are going to use Classic99 to covert EA5 files to .bin files. There is a work-around. In Windows 7 and higher, type "osk" (without the quotes) in the search bar and an on board system keyboard will appear which allows you to turn off/on the scroll lock by selecting the appropriate key.

I don't think you need to press Scroll Lock in Classic99 any longer.

Not for a while now... the scroll lock function is replaced by the debugger window merely being open.

Not for a while now... the scroll lock function is replaced by the debugger window merely being open.

Kool, I did not know this :)

Can the 2 files, Ragasm and Ragasn be done the same way? I just like using this assembler but I don't have the source code. I'm running a PEB with flashrom99.