IGNORED

Ninja Odyssey will be released very soon for Intellivision

Kai_Magazine

Ninja Odyssey is good game and Kai_Magazine is great developer. I hope this all works out and you make games for years.

I dont disagree from what I saw so far. But its not about him, the game or his skills, its about the selling methode of buying piece after piece. It makes an already expensive game (yeah its high quality, but 70 bucks are also expensive) more expensive and less accessable. Which may directly hurt the sales.

I just can repeat it again, buying piece after piece and paying multiple international shippings for one complete game isnt the right way to go. So if there will be only a CiB version if the cart only sells well enough I am out for supporting the CiB version, because I am only willing to buy it CiB and not a single cart just in the hope to maybe someday get the rest of the game for another payment and another 20 bucks for shipping.

Edited by Ignorama

I'd prefer to steer clear of preorders. Too much can go wrong, even with more reliable and well-intentioned sellers. To gauge interest in a game and/or box they could do sort of a pre-order without payment. Basically a sign up sheet for those with a reasonable, but non-binding intent to purchase. Just a thought.

Edit: I'm also not a fan of the piecemeal approach to CIB games. I get that it minimizes risk for the seller, but also makes for a $70+ game for the buyer.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

This is a big risk for the publisher. I completely get your point, but I wont punish every publisher for the misstakes a few others have done. I would place a pre order for a CiB game, even if it means paying in advance.

Oh, I better ad: I wont pay more than 70. Its already a pretty high cap, but its definitely my cap.

Edited by Ignorama

Thank you everyone for your comments and your words regarding Kai magazine games! (I am dying to show you Anthropomorphic Force, the third title I am working on ^_^ ). Those comments serve as valuable feedback.

It is obvious that it's impossible to make everyone happy without investing and risking a lot of money in advance.

Also, distribution is out of my hands, it's up to Elektronite, but we will find a solution eventually.

Edited by Kai_Magazine

Were the original ROMs ok or do they have issues too?

If so, are we just automatically having fixed versions sent to us?

The game works perfectly fine on LTO flash, as you can check for yourself when you play it ^_^

The issue appeared due to a small difference between the LTO flash and the end-user cartridges which requiered me to modify the code in order to avoid that difference.

This was my first game and I wasn't aware of any differences between the LTO/emulator and the end-user cartridge. I am sorry about that...

Edited by Kai_Magazine

Thank you everyone for your comments and your words regarding Kai magazine games! (I am dying to show you Anthropomorphic Force, the third title I am working on ^_^ ). Those comments serve as valuable feedback.

It is obvious that it's impossible to make everyone happy without investing and risking a lot of money in advance.

Also, distribution is out of my hands, it's up to Elektronite, but we will find a solution eventually.

Third title?!?! I'm already super excited to play your second one, this is great news. ??

Yes, that is the issue grips03 told me about recently, but noone else notticed it because it only affects to gamers who use certain gamepads which cause to accidentally press up or down when you are pressing right.

Ninja Odyssey doesn't requiere to press up or down at any moment, or any diagonal direction. This is why those directions were not supported initially, I just added them as a good practice for gamepad users following grips03 suggestion.

If after all this time you haven't experiencied this issue, this will never affect you unless you mod your intellivision and you put a particular kind of pad which makes you press the wrong direction when trying to go to the right or to the left.

Yes, I am working on the third title and the best one so far (at least from my perspective). Please guys don't let it be the last one...

we will show it only when it's finished.

Can't wait for TNT Cowboy. It combines features from two of my favorite games, Final Fantasy and Bomberman.

Are you also creating games for systems other than Intellivision?

Can't wait for TNT Cowboy. It combines features from two of my favorite games, Final Fantasy and Bomberman.

Are you also creating games for systems other than Intellivision?

I published my first game on 1995 for MSX2.

Since then I made a whole bunch of games, mostly for MSX2 but also for PC and Android.

Right now I am currently involved in 4 projects in various stages of development.

Here are a couple of videos of my latest msx2 games (an 8 bits computer from 1985) using all the hardware extensions available for the system, just in case you are curious:

This one is older and only uses a music extension (which is optional):

Not bad for an 8 bit computer from 1985

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 3

Most of my msx games can be played on Bluemx but this emulator doesn't emulate correctly certain hardware extensions so you could experience some sound issues with opl4 (like not hearing sound effects most of the time) and since it doesn't emulate the v9990 graphics card extension required for my latest 2 games, those 2 games will not work at all.

You can use another emulator called openMSX which emulates all the hardware extensions available so my games work correctly there.

Openmsx is available for many operative systems and it's also available for Raspberry Pi but it's not user friendly at all.

It comes without machine bios so you will have to Google for them (just focus for the MSX Panasonic Turbo R GT which will give you the best performance and features for all games) and also some extensions configuration will be required in order to make the games work properly.

I can help you with that, just send me a private message via atariage or via the online shop.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 1