IGNORED

Thrust+ with foot pedal controller

groundtrooper

I recently acquired a Thrust+ Collectors Edition and/or Combat Pack. (The one with the foot pedal controller. Limited to 50 Copies)

I went to give it a try today and I didn't have much luck getting the driving controller to work.

My DC's work fine by itself with Indy 500. (Maybe a little jittery, is there anything to do about that?)

But when I plug it into the foot controller and map the Left and Right to the DC and Up Down and Fire to the FP everything works except for the L & R on the DC.

Just for kicks, I mapped the DC to Up and Down and it works, the ship will thrust and shield, useless for playing the game that way but the DC is at least being recognized.

I am trying to play this on an AV Modded 7800, but I also pulled out my AV Vader with the same results.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? I have tried it with the Thrust cart that came in the pack (Screen Shot attached) and I have also tried with my Harmony cart with Thomas' DC hacked rom.

Thanks in advance for any help.

post-47669-0-97026600-1549158716_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Does ->this<- help?

Perfect. That did it. I assumed the DC needed to be in the pass through port on the foot pedal. The only thing I didn’t try was to put the DC in the Right port.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Always wondered if the pedals would make me any better.

I haven't put a whole lot of time in with the pedals yet, but it's definitely a different learning curve.

I haven't played it any other way than with the FP & DC so I can't really compare but I think it would be a little easier than just a joystick. You have cleaner rotation control with the DC than trying to do everything with 4 positions of the JS and the fire button. IMO.

Groundtrooper is right. There is a learning curve, but the FP & DC is the way to go. This is a challenging game no matter what your choice of controller, but for me, the FP adds a whole new dimension of game play.

This is one of my all time favorite homebrews. Love the visuals, sounds and game play. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my pedals on the cheap:

post-47453-0-82030000-1551060564.jpg

They work well enough, though I'll probably have to mount them on something so they don't want to 'walk' away from me as I'm playing.

They plug into this:

post-47453-0-64252300-1551060655.jpg

The driving controller will definitely take some getting used to.

For my first two games, I died before finishing the first level. On my third go, I made it to level 3.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2019 at 9:14 PM, fluxit said:

Here are my pedals on the cheap:

post-47453-0-82030000-1551060564.jpg

They work well enough, though I'll probably have to mount them on something so they don't want to 'walk' away from me as I'm playing.

They plug into this:

post-47453-0-64252300-1551060655.jpg

The driving controller will definitely take some getting used to.

For my first two games, I died before finishing the first level. On my third go, I made it to level 3.

I have been working intermittently on a special controller that would use inputs that connect using a 1/4" jack. I had considered making a foot pedal similar to what you have. Have you found those "pedals" to be durable after repetitive but use?