IGNORED

CorComp FDC and FinalGROM (conflict)

Opry99er

We had a fun day today at the CTIUG meeting. Something kind of wonky happened though, and I thought I would bring it up here.

We were trying to use the FinalGROM99 cartridge with my brand new CorComp 9900 FDC and some weird crap happened. When accessing the main FG menu, the screen went goofy and the screaming tone of death flooded the speakers. Not sure if this has been seen before, but it seems to be a conflict between these two pieces of hardware. I'm thinking the system takeover and startup routine in the FDC are the culprits.

I have ordered the MG upgrade EPROMs from Hummingbird, and I hope this will fix the problem. Below I have posted a picture and also linked to the video. You can see this behavior around the 2:00:00 mark.

post-24953-0-01805500-1549168620_thumb.jpeg

https://youtu.be/HDL0Ph2gQh8

• Like 1

My card has the original EPROMs and it does not play nicely with the ubergrom cartridge and PGRAM card. I should probably take the same path to update my card. I don't use it very often but it is nice when running a handful of programs that won't run properly from a Myarc card due to programmer assumptions about certain DSR/memory configurations.