IGNORED

MiniVex 3-in-1: joystick, paddle, and driving controller combo for Atari

classicgamesnut

New MiniVex controller for Atari 2600 / VCS combines a joystick, paddle, and driving controller all in one unit! Up until now, MiniVex controllers were made for the Vectrex (with the exception of the MiniVex Pedal I, which is compatible with both Vectrex and Atari) but this one is strictly Atari compatible.

Compact size fits right in your hand, see second photo for size comparison. ONE cord and ONE plug, you can play your favorite games, one after the other, without having to unplug and plug in all the different controllers.

Case is made of tough steel, has a weighty feel to it.

Two toggle switches on the back. One selects joystick or paddle function, and the other toggles between paddle "A" and paddle "B." The black button on the back enables and disables the driving controller.

Two buttons for your convenience, no matter if you're left or right handed. Either button can be used with any of the three controllers.

Driving controller on the left, paddle on the right. Joystick in the center has the feel of an analog stick but functions like a digital one. All new parts used in the making, so there'll be no jittering during Breakout or Indy 500.

This and other MiniVex controllers are hand-made by me, so they aren't cosmetically perfect. They do come with a 30-day repair guarantee.

A handful of these will be auctioned on eBay during the next few weeks, as they get made. The hand-making process is slow, and how many will ultimately be made remains up in the air at this point. Please see this and my other eBay listings under seller name "classicgamesandcarsfan."

Larry

post-65216-0-26386400-1549321710_thumb.jpgpost-65216-0-34360600-1549321740_thumb.jpgpost-65216-0-10607100-1549321767_thumb.jpgpost-65216-0-69894000-1549321801_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

For the first month or two, I offer new items exclusively on eBay...it's turned out to be a great testing ground to gauge interest. As there's so much time involved in making controllers by hand, it wouldn't be good to make a whole batch of something only to find out people hate it, not to mention parts and materials lost. If there turns out to be enough interest in the MiniVex 3-in-1, it will become a regular production item.

As far as compatibility with the 7800, I've received a few inquiries on this and will give myself a crash course on the workings of that system as I'm currently completely clueless on the matter : p

Larry

• Like 1