IGNORED

BennVenn (Gameboy modder) just announced an LCD replacement for the Lynx

hexcor

This could be very excited :grin:

BTW my production for the GBC mod kit is already running. I presented the prototype in November 2018 on the Ejagfest in Germany.

post-38984-0-31690500-1549404631.jpg

The final version has 32K colors and would be almost plug and play. Just 1 wire has to be soldered.
You also can install a VGA connector, if you want.
The case can be closed with the existing screws.

Edited by McWill
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is definitely room for two on the market. McWill's version will have VGA output still, but will cost more and Benn's version will be the cheap LCD only option. Plus a bit of competition is always good!

He also mentioned it's for the Lynx 2, since he doesn't have a Lynx 1 to test it on. I don't know much about the McWill screen, is it physically different because of the way it connects to the frame (lynx 2) or motherboard (Lynx 1), or is it also electronically (computerically.. lol) different?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone following this...

Update on Benn Venn's upcoming Lynx LCD mod - prototypes boards are in #AtariLynx #RetroGames #WPUGamers #RetroConsoles https://atarigamer.com/news/1kspfjld91c

He posted a video on Facebook on the NSDL screen for the GBA: https://www.facebook.com/BennVennElectronics/videos/408958746582179/ Looks like the Lynx and GC are coming up too. Exciting times for all.

This could be very excited :grin:

BTW my production for the GBC mod kit is already running. I presented the prototype in November 2018 on the Ejagfest in Germany.

attachicon.gifGBC in action.JPG

The final version has 32K colors and would be almost plug and play. Just 1 wire has to be soldered.

You also can install a VGA connector, if you want.

The case can be closed with the existing screws.

Interested to know more about this when it becomes available. Are there still any plans for a Nomad screen replacement?

Hi! I'm new around here but would like to take a minute to say hello!

I have quite a few new LCD kits coming out in the following weeks including the Lynx, GameGear, GBC, GBA, SP, NeoGeoPC, DMG, pocket and nomad.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Hopefully I can contribute something to this modding scene at a competitive price.

Nice to meet you all!

Ben

• Like 4

Hi lordkraken,

My lynx lcd kit will be usd$50, or $40 if you want to buy your own LCD. I should have the proto finished in a week and shipped off to atarigamer for testing the various videos modes. If all goes well I'll have a production run in store in around 6weeks.

The first production batch of my GBC kits will arrive in 3 days and are $70. This will drop to $50 in future batches.

The other systems will be priced very similarly.

• Like 3

Hi lordkraken,

My lynx lcd kit will be usd$50, or $40 if you want to buy your own LCD. I should have the proto finished in a week and shipped off to atarigamer for testing the various videos modes. If all goes well I'll have a production run in store in around 6weeks.

The first production batch of my GBC kits will arrive in 3 days and are $70. This will drop to $50 in future batches.

The other systems will be priced very similarly.

That sounds good.

In particular i like you're point of view regards to lower the future prices.

Thumbs up, look forward to seeing some reviews of this