IGNORED

How to identify a Double Dragon box for 2600 in NTSC?

Sandro Butcher

Good afternoon friends, I'm a collector and I'm having trouble identifying a double dragon cartridge sealed in NTSC, I found several on ebay that have the AK-050-02 manufacturing code that are PAL, some member or administrator can clarify me if the box in Does NTSC have another manufacturing code or do you also have the manufacturing code AK-50-02? How to identify the sealed cartridge in NTSC? I know that if it's out of the box the NTSC model is black and has the Double Dragon logo, PAL models are white with text only. Thanks for all the help you can offer me, I'm looking for one of these in sealed NTSC but I can not tell the difference by the box.

• Like 1

I've had both PAL and NTSC CIB versions of Double Dragon before and the PAL box is thinner and a slightly different shade of red. The whole package is also noticeably lighter in weight due to the flimsy Euro clamshell cartridge, typical thinner Euro cardstock for the box, and smaller/thinner manual too.

Seems most of the new copies on eBay anymore are PAL. Anyway, here's some listings for comparison sake. You can see the difference between the North American manual and the European manual at least. And that shitty PAL cartridge and label. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.X2600+double+dragon.TRS0&_nkw=2600+double+dragon&_sacat=0

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...