IGNORED

Composite Chrominance for 600XL?

DavidMil

Does anyone have a modification to add Composite Chrominance to pin 5 of a 600XL? I'm not interested in any other types of video

upgrades for the 600XL (boards, chips, etc.). Just a Composite Chrominance to pin 5 upgrade. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you all,

DavidMil

This is a working hack, but it is best to use notch filter to pass to composite from both sides. then you have decently clean signals on all three outputs. or you can always choose one of the add on boards for video floating around out there...

at the least you could put a switch in this hack to allow chrominance to be added to or denied to composite or not, limiting the bleed over.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

There is a DIN connector on my 600XL. I know, I put it there. Pictures are better than words so have a look...

This is the machine that was lost in the attic for many years. I had started to do another upgrade and it wouldn't

work, so I got disgusted and sent it to the attic. I found it the other day and after playing with it a bit, I decided to

do it a different way. It looks good but I'd like to add chrominance to pin 5 to see if that would make it any better.

Right now it's a little bit 'grainy'.

post-47264-0-93301900-1549597021_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-66339400-1549597029_thumb.jpg

Edited by DavidMil

There is no DIN connector, either. Are you adding one? We can give better advice if you explain what you are doing.

Bob

There is a DIN connector on my 600XL. I know, I put it there. Pictures are better than words so have a look...

This is the machine that was lost in the attic for many years. I had started to do another upgrade and it wouldn't

work, so I got disgusted and sent it to the attic. I found it the other day and after playing with it a bit, I decided to

do it a different way. It looks good but I'd like to add chrominance to pin 5 to see if that would make it any better.

Right now it's a little bit 'grainy'.

David

Edited by DavidMil

The channel selector switch is a handy switch to keep for other things, even if you do remove the RF, I use it on my 1200XL to turn on/off composite signal for cleaner chroma/luma output, but didn't want to get rid of composite all together just in case. Though at the time I didn't think about just combining the chroma/luma back to composite outside the computer with a S-video-to-composite RCA in-line adapter, which works even better than the internal composite...so I will probably end up re-purposing it for something else (PAL computer so I don't use composite for artifacting anyway). On the 800XL I'm rebuilding I'm going to use the switch for the Antix board.

Edited by Gunstar